Automation Team Lead Job Listing at APC in TX
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Divison Performance Contracting
Job Title Automation Team Lead
Location USA - TX - Dallas
Req. # 30296
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
This advanced engineering position is responsible for the design and implementation of quality building automation control practices while providing engineering/technical management for employee, business, and professional growth. This position is an entry level management positions as well as highly technical leadership role. Specific responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, both pre contract and post contract work as described below.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty with excellence. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
• Lead preliminary and detailed automation design and engineering field audits on complex projects of unlimited scope and size
• Prepare automation hardware and software designs for the project
• Provide quality control of design of projects
• Prepare automation project scope and project cost estimates
• Prepare automation bid package submittals and provide oversight and approval
• Prepare Building Automation System drawings, specifications, and reports
• Lead in the discovery of energy conservation measures (ECMs) related to the building automation system
• Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECM's.
• Create project documentation and participate in customer interaction
• Provide input to other engineers during initial and subsequent design phases.
• Analyze performance of mechanical systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
• Implement hardware and software designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards and contract requirements
• Write advanced sequences of operation for improved savings of HVAC equipment
• Complete electrical point pricing matrices for projects
• Create parts order requests for projects
• Create BAS software to comply with predefine sequence of operations
• Creating BAS graphical representations of the buildings HVAC equipment
• Creating BAS drawings and reports
• Assist in validation and commissioning and project installations (via phone or on job)
• Assist with the estimates and design of hardware/software adds, change-orders, and problem solutions
• Review and approve of design of automation.
• Facilitates development and training of engineering personnel, including setting and monitoring of individual goals
• Assimilates, filters, and propagates new design/installation/service procedures and tools.
• Reviews and approves project designs
• Establishes project design standards and conventions while facilitating improvements to quality system
• Interviews, hires, trains, mentors, evaluates, and when necessary, terminates engineering personnel or makes related recommendations in accordance with company policies
• Stays abreast of new development/releases of product and apply to projects, processes as necessary
• Lead and mentor employees both technical and professionally
• Ensure conformance to industry design standards
• Help develop, deploy, and maintain standards within department
• Provide technical training and support both internally and externally
• Identify and develop necessary technical documentation to assist in streamlining the supervision and installation of Building Automation Systems for customers
• Stay abreast of new development/releases of technology and apply to projects and processes as necessary
• Financial responsibilities - approval of timesheets, expenses, and adherence to budgets.
• Assist clients and team members with any BAS operations, software, networking problems
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
• Prepare letters, memos, and other routine correspondence and documentation in accordance with established company procedures
• Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document
• This job will require approximately 30-60% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations
• Other duties may be assigned
• Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
• Other professional certifications (LEED, CEA, etc.) a plus
• A minimum of seven years related work experience required
• Working knowledge of Schneider Electric BAS platforms (Vista, Continuum, I/Net, and/or Invensys) highly preferred.
• A minimum of two years of supervisory experience is highly desired
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
• Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems
• Advanced organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project
• Advanced understanding of Schneider Electric products and outside vendor hardware
• Strong leadership skills including, team leading, employee mentoring and development, and the ability to empower others through delegating responsibility
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, UL, etc
• Knowledge of electrical safety standards and practices
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Texas Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Beaumont, TX
Teller 20 hr
Wells Fargo - PLAINVIEW, TX
20 Hr Teller Jetero
Wells Fargo - TX
Locate this job: