Associate Electrical Engineer Job Listing at APC in MO
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Job Title Associate Electrical Engineer
Location USA - MO - St. Louis
Req. # 32815
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work as a part of the Rack Systems design team in St. Louis, Missouri. In this position, you will support new product development and sustain current products, work under close supervision to acquire skills and knowledge; and perform routine activities.
• Gathering product objectives and requirements; and illustrating them at a conceptual level (block diagrams)
• Creating various elements of the product (neatly drawn schematics, perhaps PCBs, some programmable devices used on the boards, perhaps enclosures, harnesses)
• Bring up & debugging of prototypes
• Addressing various safety and noise (EMI) issues that may arise
• Implementation of 3 phase power metering and environmental-sensing elements (temperature, humidity), switching & protecting between power sources and arbitrary loads, sub-100W SMPS.
• Support higher level engineers in developing a new product based on electrical engineering requirements, including interaction with Compliance, Mechanical, and Firmware Engineers, Product Management, Manufacturing, Field Service, and Vendors.
In addition, the successful EE candidate will design and have oversight of microprocessor-based products, with a heavy emphasis on the electronics and must have a good working knowledge of AC/DC and digital circuits, single & 3-phase (600V or less) power systems, and communications concepts (10baseT networks, RS232, CAN, USB). Tools typically used include Block diagramming (Visio), schematic (Viewdraw), PCB (PADS), CAD (SolidWorks), coding (various - C, C++), SKM Power Tools, Oracle, Lotus Notes, web tools, 1GHz o-scopes, 3-phase power generators / loads, precision power meters
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent documentation skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work in cross cultural and cross functional global teams
• Hands-on with circuits, wiring, assembly, testing, and handling of products (rack-sized to tabletop-sized)
• Knowledge of compliance (EMC, safety), electrical systems, data center concepts, mechanical design / 3D modeling, NFPA 70E, Arc Fault, and coding at some level.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Manager of Continuous Improvement #45300
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Florence, AL
Talentburst, Inc. - Colorado Springs, CO
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Colorado Springs, CO
Locate this job: