Electrical Engineer- Power Electronics Design Job Listing at APC in OR
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Job Title Electrical Engineer- Power Electronics Design
Location USA - OR - Salem
Req. # 32903
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
I. PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for various electrical/electronics engineering activities related to products manufactured at Salem, OR location. Currently, AccuSine Active Harmonic Filter product line and electronic switching modules are manufactured at this location.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
A. Participates in new product development
B. Provides engineering support for products to sustain manufacturing
C. Conducts specification, design, analysis and development of engineering projects
D. Uses engineering techniques to solve complex problems while meeting time and cost constraints.
E. Evaluates and validates design alternatives to create optimum system designs.
F. Creates and updates necessary documentation
G. Keeps up with the latest technological developments to guide design efforts.
G. Maintains analytical approach towards problem solving and promotes engineering excellence
A. Education Required: BSEE or Higher
B. Experience Required: 5-10 yrs.
1. Design of analog circuits such as high voltage/current sensing circuits, signal processing circuits, monitoring/protection circuits, current loops, etc. using active and passive components
2. Design of power converters (inverters, rectifiers, etc) and associated filtering circuits
3. Hardware design of products such as active filters, variable speed drives, power supplies or UPS systems
4. Exposure to PCB Layout tools and techniques, Design for Certification (safety and EMC, UL/CE), Design for Manufacturing/Design for Test
5. Minimum five years of professional experience
1. Excellent team player
2. Good communication and organization skills
3. Self motivated innovator
4. Flexible and capable of simultaneously handling multiple projects
LOCATION SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Work with high power (>50KVA) equipment supplied by 480V, 3-phase supply
PHYSICAL EQUIPMENT (ELECTRONIC DEVICES, SOFTWARE, MACHINES, TOOLS, ETC.) USED IN THIS JOB:
Electrical measurement instruments (Oscilloscope, DMM, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Analyzer, etc.)
Software: circuit simulation software such as SPICE, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Manager of Continuous Improvement #45300
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. - Florence, AL
Talentburst, Inc. - Colorado Springs, CO
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Colorado Springs, CO
Locate this job: