Field Service Technician - Power Job Listing at APC in BC
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Job Title Field Service Technician - Power
Location CAN - BC - Vancouver
Req. # 31347
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Responsible to provide Professional Services for APC-MGE customers including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on APC-MGE's complete range of single-phase and 3-phase equipment. Fundamental knowledge of electrical distribution systems, basic test and measurement equipment, in-depth knowledge of electrical code and IEEE requirements, and in-depth knowledge of electronic principals is required. A high level of customer service skills is required as well as the ability to travel extensively.
• Perform Startup/Commissioning on all APC-MGE equipment across the entire APC-MGE product line on single module and multi-module systems.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance on all APC-MGE equipment across the entire APC-MGE product line on single module and multi-module systems.
• Perform Unscheduled Maintenance on all APC-MGE equipment across the entire APC-MGE product line on single module and multi-module systems.
• Perform basic Power Audits of customer's distribution systems, working with Sales to complete Availability Assessments.
• Document all required information for each site visit performed
• Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
• Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of APC-MGE equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
• Educate APC-MGE customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as APC-MGE
• Assist APC-MGE Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory.
• Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
• Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
• Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
• Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree in electronics/electrical with at least 1year of related experience, or have 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
• Prior experience as an electrician preferred
• Prior High Power UPS experienced is a plus
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in British Columbia
View similar jobs:
Payroll Administrator / Accounts Payable
Accountemps - Delta, BC
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Surrey, BC
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Surrey, BC
Locate this job: