Instructional Designer / Architect Job Listing at APC in RI
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Job Title Instructional Designer / Architect
Location USA - RI - West Kingston
Alternate Location(s) USA - MO - St. Louis
Req. # 32453
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Instructional Designer/Architect in either of our West Kingston, RI or St. Louis, MO locations.
Schneider Electric is seeking an individual for the position of Instructional Architect, Global Education Development. This position will report to the Global Education Director of Training Operations, and will be responsible for assisting the Core Business Process Course Development for Schneider Electric's IT Business education programs focused on Line of Business offer including data center, secure power and business network strategic application areas. This individual will work closely with Schneider Global Education including Marketing, Sales, Service and Leadership content development teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and maintain Classroom Courses, and Blended Programs for both Technical and Sales Audiences.
• Manage education projects from assessment to publish
• Produce instructor guides and student guides, provide instructional design and scripts for asynchronous materials
• Research, create and organize content into logical learning sequences
• Writing competency tests from learning objectives for programs developed
• Work with and manage Subject Matter Experts to complete projects on time and in accordance with project scope and objectives.
• Design content to be easily translation to multiple languages and versions
Other Secondary Responsibilities May Include:
• Perform Task and Skills Analysis
• Produce, edit and QA voice-over narration of course content
• Project manage in global online input management system
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• The ability to quickly learn new products, concepts, and system design procedures
• The ability to engage and manage SMEs to garner information needed to produce compelling, engaging, and entertaining scripts and user guides
• Superb written/oral communication skills
• A strong work ethic and the desire to work in a team atmosphere
• A desire to create multiple types of documentation; including user guides, leader guides, course descriptions and outlines, learning aides, knowledge checkpoint tests, and course presentations
Requirements: Experience in Creative Writing, Instructional Design or Distance Education required. Bachelor's degree required, Masters Degree strongly preferred. 8-10 years of experience in a similar role developing courses in a corporate environment. Expert knowledge of:MS Office PowerPoint and Word, working knowledge of Adobe eLearning Suite or other E-Learning software a plus. Experience with technical writing or course creation for IT or Energy Industry a plus.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Providence, RI
View similar jobs:
Engineering Building System Operator - #21207
Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Worcester, MA
Production Planning Engineer
Kelly Services - Raynham, MA
Kelly Services - Dudley, MA
Locate this job: