Operational Buyer (Multiple Positions, Multiple Locations) Job Listing at APC in TN
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Divison Schneider Electric
Job Title Operational Buyer (Multiple Positions, Multiple Locations)
Location USA - TN - Smyrna
Alternate Location(s) USA - IN - Huntington Plant
USA - IN - Peru Plant
USA - KY - Lexington Plant
USA - MO - Columbia
USA - NE - Lincoln Plant
USA - OH - Oxford Plant
USA - SC - Seneca Plant
USA - TX - El Paso Plant
USA - SC - Columbia
Req. # 30615
Job Responsibilities Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Operational Buyer in our various plant locations.
This position will ensure the operational relations with suppliers within the strategy defined in cross functional team and the respect of the contracts on the plant, or entity. This role will take part in the negotiation process regarding price level, and / or quantity, quality, logistic level; track and report key elements/data on supplier performance. In addition, this role is leading basic negotiations of a simple commodity, or on a limited area.
1. Ensure the application of the commodity strategy and K&C supplier panel.
2. Propose actions (QVE, rebalancing) within his/her perimeter in consistency with commodity strategy.
3. Manage supplier consultation & selection, according to commodity strategy.
4. Manage supply qualification; negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, delay, etc.)
5. Contribute to the purchasing database update by providing necessary information to commodity managers / supplier leaders / plants update database of spend; update specific basis.
6. First escalation level for supplier crisis management.
7. Implement the quality and cost reduction objective related to action plan/productivity program (GPS, QVE, rebalancing).
- Bachelor's degree with in Supply Chain Management/Logistics is highly desire, but will consider Business Administration, Materials Management or engineering degree.
- Results oriented individual with ability to work in a dynamic, team -oriented environment
- Maintains a working knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly Excel. Access is a plus.
- Must have good business communications and interpersonal skills. Fluent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English.
- Must be organized and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Retail Sales Consultant Clarksville TN
AT&T - Clarksville, TN
Retail Sales Consultant Nashville TN (Green Hills)
AT&T - Nashville, TN
AT&T Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Nashville TN (West End)
AT&T - Hendersonville, TN
Locate this job: