Power Application Engineer Job Listing at APC in ON
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Divison Schneider Electric
Job Title Power Application Engineer
Location CAN - ON - Mississauga
Alternate Location(s) CAN - BC - Richmond Sales
CAN - ON - Cambridge Services
CAN - ON - Ottawa
CAN - QC - Montreal
Req. # 32631
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric:
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
This position is accountable for providing power monitoring and energy management services to our customers. This includes working with the sales team to identify customer needs in order to provide engineered, integrated solutions. Energy Management solutions help the customer to have clear visibility of the energy usage and in turn generate noticeable savings. Work is generally performed at customersite.
Position combines field and administrative work.
Domestic travel is expected to be 10 - 20%of the time.
• Commission and start up energy meters.
• Deploy energy monitoring software and upgrades.
• Customize and deploy energy management solutions including its various modules.
• Execute projects and ensure timely response to customers.
• Troubleshoot SQL server, ASP.NET, and other Windows components.
• Provide technical support to help our sales channels to promote energy management solutions.
• Experience with job proposals and ability to work with commercial team, project developers, and engineering consultants on defining optimal system level solutions for project opportunities
• Provide technical training to customers.
• Prepare commissioning reports.
Support new service offerings.
Share technical knowledge with peers.
Excellent attitude toward providing system solutions to customers
Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Strong networking skills and database experience (Microsoft SQL server).
Knowledge of various industrial protocols (Modbus, DNP, OPC)
General programming skills (Visual Basic, C++, C#) is a plus.
Exposure to process orientated and driven operation.
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work effectively in a group or independently.
Project management skills/certification is a plus.
Knowledge of power monitoring systems and energy distribution is a plus.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Power Application Engineer
APC - ON
Blast Planner (Relocation to Timmins, Canada Available)
Goldcorp - Timmins, CA-ON
Locate this job: