Product Line Engineering Manager Job Listing at APC in IA
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Job Title Product Line Engineering Manager
Location USA - IA - Cedar Rapids
Req. # 32977
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Product Line Engineering Manager in our Cedar Rapids, IO location. Our Engineering team in Cedar Rapids has grown a technology and product line offering advanced protection functions. This technology is now being deployed globally in Schneider starting with Europe and Asia. We have created a global team, headquartered in Cedar Rapids, to drive this new stage. We are looking for a product line engineering manager to lead this team.
- Create collaboration with the Marketing teams (US, Europe, China) to understand the business objectives and constraints.
- Develop, with the marketing and architects, our product and technology road map
- Lead the new platform development (Next product generation). It includes algorithms, hardware, test benches and the corresponding IT infrastructure.
- Develop a brick approach to enable the integration and re-use of this technology on other Schneider product lines. Be a agent of change and a sale force in the company to enable this integration.
- Manage the project resources requests and the team priorities & allocation. The team is distributed on 3 sites (US, Europe & China).
- Drive or support the development of product integrating this technology.
- Due to the multiple sites involved, this job is a functional manager role, not a hierarchical manager role.
TECHNICAL SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
- BSEE, BSCE degree or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
- Proven capability to drive project execution & innovation on electronics & firmware.
- Passion for technology. Competencies around safety, communication, signal processing and mechatronics are critical.
- Experience of engineering in high volume & high quality industrial environment
BEHAVIORAL/PROFESSIONAL SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience on change management
- Excellent networking skills in an international environment
- Proven capability to influence and convince in a matrixed organization
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Solutions Architect- Cyber Security
STG, Inc. - United States of America
STG, Inc. - United States of America
Industrial Engineer I - III
Bridgestone - Firestone - Morrison, TN
Locate this job: