Project Quality Leader Job Listing at APC in BC (Job ID apc-33081)
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Divison Solar Business
Job Title Project Quality Leader
Location CAN - BC - Burnaby
Req. # 33081
Job Responsibilities Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric #33081
Project Quality Leader
The Solar Business of Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a Project Quality Lead Engineer.
To be part of the challenge to design in Quality and Reliability for innovative state of the art power conversion products and systems for the Solar industry.
This position will be located in Burnaby, where he/she will be expected to lead and facilitate various Design For Quality and Reliability activities for the Solar Business offer development programs. The position will work very closely with the program teams and other key stakeholders like supply chain, manufacturing engineering and reliability testing team etc., in completing required deliverables at each stage gate to ensure quality, reliability and safety is built in to our offers, before commercial launch.
This position will report to Senior Project Quality Leader, and act as the quality point person on the offer development programs. The position is very critical in our pursuit to only sale products which are safe, reliable and meet or exceed customer expectations.
Principle accountabilities & responsibilities:
Main responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Ensure the new offer development from concept to manufacture follows PMP (Project Management Procedure) or PEP (Product Evolution Process), in conjunction with Program Manager and Technical Champion; provide all QA deliverables on time. Perform as a quality gate keeper, challenge and has a veto right at stage gate reviews.
• Initiate detailed quality & reliability plans to accomplish quality & reliability goals for all new offer development programs, and direct the integration of technical activities.
• Review, and approve product functional specification, detailed design
• Lead the DFMEA (Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), FTA (Fault Tree Analysis), WCA (Worst Case Analysis), MTBF(Mean Time Between Failures)prediction, PPEP(Part Product Evaluation Plan) and ECOs(Engineering Change Orders) activities along with the program team, to analyze and mitigate all the risks.
• Be the subject matter expert (SME) in the field of DFQ (Design For Quality) /DFR (Design For Reliability) and support the program teams implementing the required approaches during new offer development
• Work closely with reliability testing team during planning and review of reliability test and results in new projects
• Review and approve all new products related documents like manuals, labels etc.
• By keeping abreast of the latest trends in the industry, implement industry best practices in the DFQ/DFR area
• Work very closely with complaint management and ensure that lessons learnt from field experience are incorporated in the new designs and drive the continual improvement of offer quality
• Provide input to product functional specification based on voice of customer (VoC) , warranty cost calculation and preventive maintenance program based on the DFQ/DFR analysis.
• Organize and provide training to internal stakeholders for improving product quality
• Raise and facilitate improvement opportunities based on analysis of gaps in process and product performance
• Participate and lead internal business management system assessments as necessary
• Must be eager to learn and obtain any specified training as required in the field of quality engineering, e.g. CQE (Certified Quality Engineer).
Academic & skill requirements:
• BS in Electrical or Electronic engineering or equivalent educational background
• More than 5 years of experience in similar role in electrical/electronics industry
• Preferably experienced in effectively driving Design for Quality and Reliability activities like- DFMEA, FTA, MTBF prediction, Design margin check, Useful Life Analysis etc.
• Excellent quality planning, decision making, leadership, skills;
• Demonstrated capability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• Innovative, with excellent judgment and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of quality tools and techniques including, 8D(8 Disciplines), 5 why, Fish bone, SPC (Statistical Process Control), etc.
• Good knowledge of electrical circuit design, electrical / electronic components, firmware and software
• Familiarity with engineering documentation control processes, new product development
• Excellent team player and enjoys working with cross-functional team on common goals
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
• Very good presentation skills for internal and external audience
• Ability to use reliability tools like Relex is preferred
• Familiarity with single phase and three phase power electronic converters used in inverters, battery chargers or power supplies will be an asset.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit. Our values define our company.
Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, pension plan, training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy!
If you are interested in this position please apply directly online at our website: www.schneider-electric.com REF# 33081
This position will remain open until filled.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Customs Brokerage Representative 1
UPS - Canada
Sales Support Expert
SAP - Canada
Transport Operations Manager (Toronto, CA or Bellevue, USA)
Expedia - Toronto
Locate this job: