Senior Federal Automation Team Lead Job Listing at APC in TX
Electronics & Misc. Tech.
Divison Performance Contracting
Job Title Senior Federal Automation Team Lead
Location USA - TX - Dallas
Alternate Location(s) USA - CA - Oakland
USA - TX - Houston
USA - CA - San Diego
USA - CA - Los Angeles
USA - KS - Kansas City
USA - TX - Dallas
USA - WA - Seattle
USA - OK - Tulsa
USA - KS - Lenexa
USA - IL - Springfield
USA - VA - CAP1 - Richmond
Req. # 31403
Job Responsibilities About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
This advanced, technical position is responsible for automation system design including feasibility assessments, field discovery, scope development, cost estimating, coordination with other disciplines, and support of project implementation to ensure quality building automation systems and controls for performance contracting projects in the federal sector. This role will entail both project and engineering/technical supervision of employees to foster both business and individual growth. The position is an entry level management position as well as a highly technical leadership role. Specific responsibilities shall include the following:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty with excellence. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
• Lead preliminary and detailed automation design and engineering field audits on complex projects of unlimited scope and size
• Lead in the discovery of energy conservation measures (ECMs) related to the building automation system
• Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
• Collaborate with Project Development Manager and other technical subject matter experts to establish ECM list and associated Key Operating / Saving strategies.
• Analyze existing building automation systems and their use for client post installation. Determination if existing system is to be integrated, expanded, or removed to accomplish Key Operating Strategies for energy, operation, and/or maintenance needs of project
• Perform engineering concept of the system architecture and platform that best suits the need for each project specific requirements
• Provide input to other engineers during initial and subsequent design phases
• Provide collaboration between energy, mechanical, electrical and automation disciplines for generation of scope, strategy, and plan on a project.
Design & Estimating
• Synthesize requirements from multiple sources such as specifications, client input, energy engineers, and mechanical engineers into an automation solution strategy / vision that can be understood by non-technical and technical stakeholders whom have varying levels of automation expertise.
• Prepare Building Automation System specifications, solicitations for proposals, scopes of work, desired point lists, sequences of operation, and reports
• Provide oversight and approval for submittals and submissions from automation vendors
• Ability to strategize estimating / bidding / cost control strategy with Project Manager and Project Development Lead.
• Procure or internally estimate any required electrical pricing from subcontractors as required to develop the construction estimate for the controls.
• Perform all controls estimates, including performing due diligence on any client requirements for standards of installation
• Ability to articulate Energy Solutions automation engineering / design standards and supporting reasoning to non-technical and technical stakeholders whom have varying levels of automation expertise.
• Establishes project design standards and conventions while facilitating improvements to quality system
• Facilitates development and training of engineering personnel, including setting and monitoring of individual goals
• Reviews and approves project designs
• Interviews, hires, trains, mentors, evaluates, and when necessary, terminates engineering personnel or makes related recommendations in accordance with company policies
• Lead and mentor employees both technical and professionally
• Provide technical training and support both internally and externally
• Financial responsibilities - approval of timesheets, expenses, and adherence to budgets.
• Ensure conformance to industry design standards
• Support, develop, deploy, and maintain standards within department
• Create project documentation and participate in customer interaction
• Stays abreast of new development/releases of product and apply to projects, processes as necessary
• Assist clients and team members with any BAS operations, software, networking problems
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
• Prepare letters, memos, and other routine correspondence and documentation in accordance with established company procedures
• Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document
• Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
• Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
• Other Professional certifications (LEED, CEA, PE, etc.) a plus
• A minimum of seven years related work experience required
• Working knowledge of more than 2 automation systems (JCI, Vista, Invensys, Niagara, Continuum, Alerton, Automated Logic, etc) is highly preferred
• A minimum of two years of supervisory experience is highly desired
• Working knowledge of federal sector (including GSA, DOD, etc.) is highly desired
• Active security clearance is a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
• Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems
• Advanced organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project
• Strong leadership skills including, team leading, employee mentoring and development, and the ability to empower others through delegating responsibility
• Excellent customer service skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, UL, etc
• Knowledge of electrical safety standards and practices
• Ability to obtain passport for international travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the primary duties of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a ladder, tools, laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, roof tops, attics, as well as mechanical and electrical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job will require approximately 30-50% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Government jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
RapidSOS Government Relations Intern
RapidSOS - United States of America
Director Regulatory CMC
The Judge Group - United States of America
Graduate Public Administration Adjunct Faculty
Kaplan - United States of America
Locate this job: