Apply on Company Website
Description Apria Healthcare is the largest provider of home healthcare products and services in the United States, offering a comprehensive range of home respiratory therapy, home infusion therapy and home medical equipment services to over 2 million patients annually in all 50 states through approximately 550 locations. We are committed to full-service homecare solutions that give maximum independence to our patients. Please visit our website at www.apria.com . This position is responsible for the triage and escalation of after-hour calls, assessing patient and referral needs determining appropriate coordination of care to ensure patients do not encounter service failures. Duties include successfully addressing customer service questions, troubleshooting equipment issues and fielding complaints through appropriate corrective action. On-going coordination with the field operations team is essential to provide a positive customer service experience. DESCRIPTION:
- Coordinates with Division and Region management on all action plans that would ensure driver compliance with targeted financial objectives.
- Complies with and adheres to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures and "best practices".
- Demonstrates professional etiquette and courtesy when interfacing with customers.
- Performs call triage on behalf of the branch operations after close of business for same day and next day orders according to Logistics policy and procedures.
- Responds to telephone, fax and EDI inquiries and orders from referral sources and homecare patients on durable medical equipment, supplies and services according to Logistics policy and procedures.
- Assesses patient or referral needs, provides information and documents requests for coordination of care on behalf of servicing branches after close of business
- Resolves patient/customer complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action for successful resolution.
- Ensure patients do not encounter service failures and escalates communication to the servicing branch on current and future patient deliveries.
- Responsible for communication to the branches regarding a drivers’ route progress, errors in patient information, time frames, and any other work order issues that negatively impact customer satisfaction with delivery service.
- Provides reports to servicing branch on call and delivery activity to patients via the company’s reporting software system.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of MobileCast activities to the branch and immediate leadership as requested.
- Updates ACIS with delivery notes as needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be considered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required, and education or experience equivalent to a four-year college degree is preferred
- At least three years related experience is preferred
- Knowledge of personal computers and various software programs (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), UPS-LT and ACIS systems and familiarity with an Automatic Call Distribution system (ACD) preferred.
- Customer care and call center oriented mindset is required
- The position requires frequent standing, kneeling, and stooping
- The use of hands to write, use computer, and manipulate papers is constantly required.
- Talking and hearing are frequent requirements.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V