Apply on Company Website
Description Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations and over 50 infusion suites throughout the country. Our more than 2,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV patients every day. Please visit our website at www.coramhc.com . Clinical Support Specialist (Pharmacy Tech) - Plainview, NY
- Assists pharmacist in tracking of lab data and tracking narcotic prescriptions.
- Where allowed by local laws/regulations and branch procedures, process patient prescription refills under the direct approval and supervision of the pharmacist.
- Manage team schedule for patient deliveries.
- Creates and maintains supply templates in the pharmacy computer data base.
- Assists with pharmacist in the communication with patient to:
- Manage supply inventory.
- Meet patient delivery needs.
- Access current condition (in non clinical manner).
- Validate insurance coverage.
- Medication supply needs.
- Generates the delivery manifest for patient deliveries.
- Documents all supply management activities in the patient medical record.
- Assists in validating and/or obtaining authorizations for pharmacy services as requested.
- Coordinates the management needs of catheter care patients under direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Participates in the asset tracking and management process as requested.
- Assembles and maintain patient clinical charts and files documents. Gathers information for the initial admission packets (Patient Resource Guide) for new patients and reviews all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college is preferred.
- At least one year experience (or combination of education and experience) as a pharmacy technician or clinically based customer service representative (for pharmacy specific position) in related coordinating activities administrative support functions, customer service, experience as nursing assistant, pharmacy technician, home patient representative, or customer service representative is preferred (for nursing specific position)
- Must have demonstrated communication skills.
- National pharmacy technician certification required if performing prescription order entry.
- Experience in medical terminology preferred.
- Eligible for state registration, certification or licensure per state regulations as needed for branch needs.
- Basic computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use computer and other equipment and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, night vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V