Apply on Company Website
Description Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations and over 50 infusion suites throughout the country. Our more than 2,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV patients every day. Please visit our website at www.coramhc.com .
- Working off of an aged trial balance to ensure at least a 30 day follow up on all patient accounts.
- Working with third party payers to ensure proper reimbursement on patient accounts.
- Identifying and preparing adjustments and write offs as appropriate.
- Follow up on daily correspondence (denials, low pays) to appropriately work patient accounts.
- Dealing with insurance companies via the telephone to check the status of claims.
- Written correspondence to payers and patients.
- Keeping patient files in a neat uniform order.
- Interpreting contracts with payers to ensure proper payment.
- Sending initial or secondary bills to insurance companies.
- Process refunds, reinstatements and rejections of insurance claims.
- Run applied cash report bimonthly.
- Run daily reports and invoices.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least one year related experience is required.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- This position requires constant sitting with occasional walking, standing, kneeling or stooping.
- This position requires the use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects and the ability to reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires constant talking and hearing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V