Apply on Company Website
Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations, over 50 infusion suites and 2 specialty pharmacies throughout the country. Our more than 3,600 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV and specialty pharmacy patients every day. Please visit our website at www.coramhc.com and www.coramrx.com
Home Infusion Nurse II
- Provides nursing care and treatment of home infusion patients in accordance with the physician's plan of treatment and with company policies and procedures, and all applicable accreditation, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles to the planning and delivery of patient care.
- Provides professional nursing care and treatment of home infusion patients in accordance with the Physician Plan of Treatment.
- Obtains correct, appropriate, and timely physician orders for nursing care provided.
- Collaborates with pharmacy staff to develop and monitor goals of patient therapy.
- Communicates with physician and other members of health care team as regarding changes in patient status and to discuss recommendations.
- Coordinates patient admission with other members of the health care team in order to meet patient home infusion care needs and other care needs as assessed.
- Demonstrates competency in venous access device management, infection control, and safe practice of infusion nursing.
- Identifies learning needs of patient and/or care giver. Provides appropriate intervention and instruction for patient/care giver to safely administer care at home.
- Ensures patient competence and compliance with all self-care, including procedures and infection control; re-educates as necessary, and documents/communicates the need for re-education.
- Appropriately documents patient care activity, home infusion nursing services provided and all communication with patient and physician.
- Documentation is legible, accurate, complete, and complies with company policy and procedure for electronic and paper patient clinical record entries.
- Maintains client files according to policies of Coram, in compliance with standards set by regulatory and accrediting agencies. Monitors patient progress to collaborative home infusion goals to assess medical, psychosocial, and home care environment on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in on call activities as directed.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding operational and clinical procedures. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves patient complaints.
- Participates in education and training regarding patient care and topics related to infusion therapy services as required by the State Board of Nursing and company policy.
- RN Diploma, Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or school of nursing.
- 5 + years experience is required, plus a minimum of one year of IV related experience.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in appropriate state of practice is required. Additional licensure may be required in multi state service areas.
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance.
- Must have and maintain a current CPR.
- CRNI preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written).
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V