Apply on Company Website
Description Apria Healthcare is the largest provider of home healthcare products and services in the United States, offering a comprehensive range of home respiratory therapy, home infusion therapy and home medical equipment services to over 2 million patients annually in all 50 states through approximately 550 locations. We are committed to full-service homecare solutions that give maximum independence to our patients. Please visit our website at www.apria.com .
- Promotes company products and services in a professional and creative manner.
- Responsible for taking and processing patient orders and forwarding orders to appropriate branch for delivery from on-site account facility.
- Review accounts and input intakes.
- Make sales calls and track them using the call log.
- Call on high potential case managers, doctors and other sales targets in assigned account area determined by ASM and DVPS.
- Responsible for following up on all referrals in assigned accounts.
- Work closely with customers to resolve complaints.
- Develops new customer contacts in order to achieve referrals from accounts that have minimal to no referral history with Apria.
- Responsible for enhancing branch revenue budgets by developing new business leads, as well as servicing the new accounts.
- Works with branch personnel to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Sets up and deliver hospital in-services on products and services.
- Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts.
- Ensures timely completion and submission of itineraries and call reports.
- Effectively work and coordinate timely discharges with Customer Care Center and/or Branch Customer Service Team.
- Instruct patients on equipment use before hospital discharge.
- Meet or exceed starts goals for designated area.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Education and experience equivalent to a four year college degree is preferred.
- At least one year related work experience is required.
- Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation requirements determined for use of Apria vehicles.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Willing to relocate within market or other areas.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V