Apply on Company Website
Description Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations, over 50 infusion suites and 2 specialty pharmacies throughout the country. Our more than 3,600 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV and specialty pharmacy patients every day. Please visit our website at http://www.coramhc.com/ and http://www.coramrx.com/
Infusion Pharmacy Technician
If you are interested in IV compounding and the home infusion industry, please take a closer look. Our pharmacies are closed door settings servicing patients throughout the state.
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, accrediting body standards and Coram Policy and Procedures (PP).
- Follows all appropriate guidelines for the preparation of compounded sterile products per Coram PP:
- Product preparation
- Checking procedures
- Labeling procedures
- Packaging compounded product for storage and delivery
- Prepares and maintains the pharmacy clean room suite and all dedicated equipment in accordance with Coram PP's.
- Performs and maintains documentation of IV admixture and clean room suite sterility testing in accordance with Coram PP's.
- Completes appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports, according to Coram PP's.
- Completes order entry and refills under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Assists in training and orientation of new pharmacy technicians as directed by pharmacy manager or designee.
- Performs and instructs inventory management and storage per Coram PP at direction of pharmacy manager or designee.
- Participates and instructs in performance improvement, quality assurance and in-service activities per Coram PP
- Communicates appropriately with all members of the healthcare team.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college is preferred.
- At least one year experience (or combination of education and experience) as a pharmacy technician.
- Must have demonstrated IV admixture skills and abilities.
- Eligible for state registration, certification or licensure per state regulations.
- National pharmacy technician certification required.
- Basic computer skills.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to mix drugs, use computer and other equipment and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, night vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V