Apply on Company Website
Description Apria Healthcare is the largest provider of home healthcare products and services in the United States, offering a comprehensive range of home respiratory therapy, home infusion therapy and home medical equipment services to over 2 million patients annually in all 50 states through approximately 550 locations. We are committed to full-service homecare solutions that give maximum independence to our patients. Please visit our website at www.apria.com .
- Communicates with physician as appropriate to convey information regarding patient prescription status and make recommendations.
- Works with other employees to resolve problems and assure quality patient care.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal laws governing pharmacy practice, policies and procedures, "best practices" and other regulatory standards.
- Verifies that accurate records of dispensing information and other dispensing related information are maintained.
- Ensures medications and other pharmaceuticals are dispensed in an accurate manner.
- Ensures completeness of pharmacy orders and proper labeling of drugs and supplies before dispensing products to patients.
- May purchase medications, pharmaceuticals and other supplies necessary for the efficient operation of the pharmacy.
- Ensures rational drug use and appropriate drug dosing, and documents patient response to therapy.
- Participates in conferences with other staff.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of subordinate pharmacy personnel, assures their compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develops and recommends changes to ensure efficient workflow to allow for the effective delivery of medications and other pharmaceuticals.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Serves as licensed pharmacist or PIC for specific state in which licensed as non-resident pharmacy
- B.S. in Pharmacy and/or PharmD is required.
- At least one year related experience is required.
- Current pharmacy license in California and ability to readily become licensed in specific additional state(s) as required.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V