Clinical Specialist - International Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location:
Polaris- INC- Naples, FL (US10)
Main Objective: Provide scientific and technical support for the training curriculum that addresses Arthrex Iberoamerica market. Assist in the organization by fostering surgeon relationships, surgeon motor skills labs and training sessions. Acts as a resource for the product marketing management, regulatory, and sales functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and conducts sales training on company products.
- Carry out the objectives created for Arthrex Iberoamerica Sales Rep product training programs.
- Teaches all aspects of current procedure specific surgical techniques using Arthrex instruments.
- Implement for the Sales force a general understanding of the orthopedic conditions, patho anatomy and biomechanics as it related to the utilization of Arthrex Products in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Assist in the development of an internet based program of sales representative training modules.
- Participation in Surgeon Curriculum Education Training Program.
- Serve as a liaison for organization and implementation and development of Surgeon Curriculum Education Training Program.
- Train surgeons in use of Arthrex products.
- Assist in the Organization and execution of cadaver workshops.
- Develop marketing pieces and assist in product market initiatives.
- Writes surgical techniques, instrument system manuals, video scripts, CD ROM animations and advertisements.
- Writes product, direct and edit surgical techniques Power Point presentations and other training materials for the following audiences Surgeons, Distributors, Customer Service and Sales Reps.
- Reviews all translations of flyers to ensure accuracy in technique description and medical terms.
- Leads and develops the surgical Observership Program, building new opportunities for our surgeons interested in visiting the centers of reference available.
- Coordinates efforts with Project Management to resolve logistical related issues related to Medical Education Events and Programs.
- International and domestic travel minimum of 40% of the time.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the bio-medical sciences or related field required or equivalent.
- Show progression over 1-2 years towards an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and surgical procedures.
- Experience as an Orthopedic Physician Assistant preferred.
- 5 years experience in orthopedic industry (arthroscopy).
- Prior training experience (medical device industry preferred) a plus.
- Must travel a minimum of 40% of the time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Proficient in speaking and writing English and minimum one other language preferred; Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese and/or Portuguese.
- Expert knowledge of surgical orthopedics and/or arthroscopy.
- Skilled in working with different functions. Effectively coordinates diverse activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent sensitivity and interpersonal skills including but not limited to negotiation, listening skills, ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in a cultural diverse environment.
- Ability to proofread scientific material in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin or Portuguese required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Share Point, Outlook, Power Point and various and specialized software.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.