Public Health Intern @ National Health Nonprofit (UNPAID)---Available Year Round Job Listing at Arthritis Foundation in San Francisco, CA (Job ID 245477)
---------FOCUS ON PROGRAM MANAGEMENT; NON-CLINICAL / NON-MEDICAL / NON-RESEARCH. Currently recruiting for Winter 2014 (roughly Jan-May or beyond)---------
1) DO NOT REPLY HERE.
2) Email a CUSTOMIZED COVER LETTER, resume, 3 references and proof of college enrollment to Victoria Bruno (vbruno @ arthritis.org). Put "Public Health Intern / Internships.com" in subject field.
In your cover letter, provide the following: the name of your school, what year you are, your cumulative GPA, how many hours per week you can dedicate (delineate between in-office and at-home hours), what specific date range you're seeking to intern and confirm that you understand that this position is unpaid and that we cant reimburse for any costs related to the position such as relocation, room, board, etc.
3) Upon receipt, you'll be sent an internship application. Send that back as soon as possible.
NOTE: You must be currently enrolled in college to be an intern. If you have already graduated, the position is considered to be a volunteer position (all duties are the same as an intern. This is just a technicality in terms of internal organizational operations as you will be doing the same work as an intern).
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT/SCHEDULE
Available throughout the year. At least one semester. 16-40 hours per week (combination of in-office work during standard office hours, Mon Fri, 9am-5pm AND working from home. Must be a minimum of 2 days in-office). Occasional weekend hours may be needed to support Programs for Better Living Leader/Instructor training workshops but advance notice will be provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an UNPAID internship and we CAN NOT reimburse you for your relocation, room, board, local transportation, etc. No exceptions may be granted as it is not within our budget. What we can provide, however, is an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and a great reference. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if this arrangement does not suit your needs. IF APPLYING FROM OUT OF THE SF BAY AREA, APPLY ONLY AFTER YOUR SF HOUSING HAS ALREADY BEEN SECURED.
* Learn about the nation's #1 cause of physical disability among adults and the 6th most common childhood disease, and AF programs and services and other resources to improve the quality of life for people living with arthritis;
* Improve communication skills; and
* Gain REAL experience working at a nonprofit organization (not just base-level administrative tasks, but meaningful projects enabling you to obtain skills and experience that will really stand out on your resume).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Government jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Kelly Services - Emeryville, CA
Senior Technical Data Engineer / Business Intelligence Analyst
Charles Schwab - San Francisco, CA
CPMC-Accreditation (ACE) Regulatory Specialist
California Pacific Medical Center - San Francisco, CA
Locate this job: