Apply on Company Website
Computers & Information Technology, Marketing
GENERAL SCOPE SUMMARY
A Senior Engineer contributes as a team member for the development of a specific product component, responsible for design documentation, implementation, unit testing and defect resolution with coordination and direction from a Principal Engineer or higher. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for handling customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases. The job requires close interaction with the development, QA, Support and Professional Services teams. The Senior Engineer leverages computer programming languages and other specific technologies required to develop and maintain the component at a advanced level.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification of software components.
- Code may be used in commercial end-user applications, prototypes, or in test tools or other supporting programs.
- Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
- May participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, installation, communication layers, and so forth.
- Conducts technical investigation of product defects raised by customers or other internal groups like QA or Support.
- Coordinates, responds, tracks and follows-up on customer problem reports/technical support requests.
- May interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Creates hot-fixes, update packages, code mods or service packs as appropriate and delivers code to QA for testing following schedules provided by management.
- Works on product enhancement requests to enhance product functionality as needed under guidance of senior staff.
- Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
- Provides estimated timelines for fixes.
- Ensures products are up to date with 3rd party components that are in use.
- Proactively identify non-compliance of code against requirements/standards/design and raise defects.
- Follows processes, guidelines, procedures and best practices that have been defined by senior staff and management.
- Directs and or guides junior staff on specific tasks.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- Knowledge of engineering tools, methods and processes.
- Ability to communicate complex information to internal audiences.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Performs complex code, design analysis, testing or experimentation on segments of projects.
- Ability to use technical concepts to solve moderately complex problems.
- Ability to independently provide solutions to problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- Team lead on small to moderate projects.
- Works independently or as team member on projects and problems of varying complexity.
- 4-6 years of experience years of experience.
- Four year degree in technical or engineering field (B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline strongly preferred).
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
- Participate in on-call rotation.