Supply Chain Study Manager Job Listing at AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, Maryland (Job ID 1410051635)
The Supply Chain Study Manager (SCSM) role is a key leadership role within RD Supply Chain. The role holder will manage the supply chain for a portfolio of global clinical studies across all phases within a drug development programme. He / she will lead cross-functional Study Drug Delivery Teams and represent these teams on the RD Supply Chain Team. The SCSM works in collaboration with customer functions to influence and manage demand for individual studies, and is responsible for their supply chain deliverables through leadership of the Study Drug Delivery Team.
* Degree in supply chain related or drug development discipline or equivalent qualification or experience.
* Extensive experience working in supply chains (5+ years preferred)
* Significant experience managing and influencing customer demands
* Working knowledge of the Clinical Trial Directive and global regulatory environment impacting the provision of investigational products In depth knowledge of RD supply chain and drug development process
* In depth knowledge of Clinical Development processes relevant to the supply of clinical materials
* Experience of project management
Skills and Capabilities
* Strong influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills, including across functional, geographical and cultural boundaries.
* Demonstrated technical skills and mindset in supply chain management including demand management, supply chain design / optimisation and delivery.
* Track record of good project management
* Risk identification and management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strategic Leadership: Clarifies Complexity: Thinks more broadly than their role (e.g. externally) and uses this in sight to challenge and adapt current approaches in one's area in an effort to simplify complexity and/or ensure alignment.
Acts Decisively: Takes Calculated Risk: Makes effective decisions despite uncertainty and or incomplete information to drive business outcomes Communicates clearly to ensure alignment and empowers others with decision-making authority as appropriate.
Drives Accountability: Holds Others Accountable: Communicates clear expectations of behaviour and outcomes as well as why these standards matter. Hold others to account for delivering them.
Works Collaboratively: Encourages Diverse Thinking: Creates an environment in which diverse viewpoints are sought and encouraged, both within and beyond the team (e.g. with external partners).
Develops People and Organisation: Provides Developmental Feedback: Has an objective view of others' capability and provides timely feedback and coaching to support other's growth and enhance performance
For this role, the target level for all leadership capabilities is 2.
Business Relationship Management
For this role, the target level for all core capabilities is Competent
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
* RD Supply Chain functions
* Other Pharm Dev functions - PPM, QSP
* Clinical; Study Delivery, Biostatistics, CPA
* Operations, RD Procurement
* CROs and other external supply / service providers
* Relevant functions in Medimmune.
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: SDWG members
Indirect responsibility and monitoring: up to $5 million per programme
Measure of Success
* Interpret and influence clinical demand and use supply chain expertise to design effective supply chains balancing cost and risk to supply.
* Delivery of product to meet customer requirements to time, within budget and to appropriate quality standards
* Lead time, costs and waste less than or equal to target
* Good feedback from SCT and Project Team members on leadership capabilities, behaviours and delivery.
* Role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups; success will be judged by abilit Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
FindingPharma - Tysons, VA
Clinical Research Coordinator
FindingPharma - Tysons, VA
Patient Report Outcomes, Senior Scientist
AstraZeneca - Gaithersburg, Maryland
Locate this job: