Executive Assistant - Legal Job Listing at Aurora Health Care in Milwaukee, WI
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Job Title Executive Assistant - Legal
Facility Aurora Health Care-505
Address 750 W Virginia St
Zip Code 53204
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly) 80
Schedule 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday
Req # (optional) 97596BR
Explore a Career In Administration
Strong Legal Assistant or Legal Secretary experience necessary.
Aurora Health Care is currently in search of an Executive Assistant - Legal to support Aurora Health Care's Legal Department.
Imagine yourself as the Executive Legal Assistant who:
· Schedules, maintains, and prioritizes a calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel.
· Plans and organizes administrative aspects such as agenda preparation, site selection, food/beverage selections, audio-visual arrangements, and document development.
· Answers, screens, and initiates telephone calls and greets visitors, providing procedural information and answering inquiries related to operational and substantive matters. Resolves problems and prioritizes needs requiring in-depth knowledge of policies and procedures.
· Performs a variety moderately complex word processing such as creating/drafting correspondence, memos, and documents from rough draft, under verbal instruction or independently. Makes decisions on format and layout and edits for accuracy and consistency of data. Compiles supportive graphics, reports, or statistical data.
· Creates reports under general instruction and displays data to support needs; generates existing reports and distributes reports as needed.
· May present administrative materials, reports, and information to a group of individuals.
· Establishes and maintains filing systems for records, files, and documentation. Maintains confidential materials and records.
· Opens, reads, and prioritizes mail and department documents, initiating return correspondence as appropriate.
· Performs independent research and compiles, analyzes, and summarizes information from a variety of sources to support administrative needs.
· Operates and maintains office equipment (fax, printer, photocopier) and may order office supplies.
· May act as a resource to other clerical staff regarding answering questions on processes/procedures and providing training.
The Executive Assistant - Legal will need litigation experience including: familiarity with basic pleading formats and requirements, calendaring response dates, communicating with court staff, handling deposition notices and scheduling, and coordinating responses to third-party subpoenas and discovery requests.
General Qualifications High School graduate or equivalent.
Requires 5 years of experience in a secretarial or administrative assistant position.
Ability to effectively manage time and priorities.
Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Ability to prioritize office workflow and make effective administrative decisions to increase efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
Ability to take initiative to develop correspondence as appropriate and independently problem solve on office related issues.
Demonstrated ability to tactfully and effectively communicate (written and verbal), with a variety of individuals and highly visible customers/leadership.
Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) or similar products.
Demonstrated ability to create and compile simple to complex documents, reports, graphs/charts, and presentations.
Ability to manage data systematically.
Demonstrates organizational ability and attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Desired Qualifications · Post-secondary training in secretarial/administrative courses.
·At least five years of recent Legal Administrative support experience.
·Litigation experience including familiarity with basic pleading formats and requirements, calendaring response dates, communicating with court staff, handling deposition notices and scheduling, and coordinating responses to third-party subpoenas and discovery requests.
This position is open due to a military leave: No
Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and maintain an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Office/Clerical jobs in Milwaukee, WI
View similar jobs:
OfficeTeam - Brookfield, WI
Purchasing Assistant with a growing company!
OfficeTeam - Pewaukee, WI
OfficeTeam - New Berlin, WI
Locate this job: