Managing Editor Job Listing at Avatier, Inc in San Francisco, CA
Transforming the world of education...
Teaching Channel is on a mission to revolutionize the way teachers learn and grow. Our industry leading online learning solution offers a deeply collaborative learning space and transformative professional development. We deliver effective and inspiring classroom videos, featuring exemplar teachers modeling in real classrooms, through our award-winning collaborative learning platform. We've created an outstanding video showcase and leveraged the power of social media so teachers across the nation can easily connect, learn, share and ultimately empower K-12 students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel and thrive.
Teaching Channel is a non-profit organization, founded in 2011, and led by an outstanding team of visionaries and leaders in education, technology and media.
- We are teacher- centric and deeply passionate about supporting constant learning and growth, as individuals, as a company and as members of our global educational community.
- We value and appreciate each member of our team and support a healthy work-life balance that helps to ensure that we are all inspired and empowered to be and give our best every day.
- We strive towards a truly collaborative, creative and fun work environment based in honest communications, human kindness, mutual respect and open transparency.
- We are committed to supporting exceptional teachers and students. We believe what we do should be inspiring, rewarding and best serve our community. This is what we're about and this is why we are the best at what we do. If this is something that speaks to you, then we would love to hear from you.
About this opportunity...
Your primary charter as the Managing Editor (ME) at Teaching Channel is to drive a high-performing, deadline-oriented content development organization and lead the development and management of all written content and content promotions on Teaching Channel products. You will monitor registration and ongoing website traffic to create content promotions that drive audience retention and growth. You will maintain responsibility for the development and growth of all existing and new editorial projects including e-books, new newsletters and/or blogs. This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer and is located in San Francisco, California.
What we offer...
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical Care Coverage, Dental Care Coverage, Vision Care Coverage, 125 Cafeteria / Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan
Teaching Channel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Teaching Channel provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
- Responsible for growing online communities and subscriptions.
- Manage all publishing schedules, determine the content calendar, coordinate the home page and newsletter promotions, and edit all copy on site, in emails, newsletters and any other published medium.
- Write and/or oversee and manage the development of compelling content in newsletters and blogs, and work closely with Teaching Channel's bloggers to ensure the Teaching Channel "voice" is present, persuasive and consistent
- Edit any editorial content that is syndicated to third party websites or publications
- Maintain awareness of relevant industry trends and media outlets so you are empowered to collaborate with Marketing on substantial, strategically significant promotions, PR programs, and media campaigns
- Manage/oversee online graphics
- Manage production processes within Teaching Channel
- Write descriptions/content for PBS programming
- Develop new content packages such as e-books, webcasts or screencasts
- Serve as the last "eye" on all video and text content messaging ensuring consistency with brand and editorial guidelines.
- Oversee online training messages to deepen understanding of platform tools---thereby driving deeper engagement.
- College degree and at least 5 years of experience in editorial production management
- Creative core with an exceptional writing ability and specialized skills in developing web-based content
- A proven track record in growing web audiences
- Strong leadership skills, impeccable integrity, and the ability to work in a fluid start-up environment
- Experience in education and video a big plus!
Apply to this job
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Writing/Editing jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
AML Procedures Writer
Charles Schwab - San Francisco, CA
Staff Technical Writer
GE Software - San Ramon, CA
Robert Half Technology - San Francisco, CA
Locate this job: