Editorial Director - Beauty, Sr. Manager Job Listing at Avon in New York, NY
Title: Editorial Director - Beauty, Sr. Manager
Location: US-NY-New York
The editorial director will be responsible for creating and managing a database of content to be used across all touch points of Avon including brochure creation, PR efforts, advertising and digital. This position reports to the VP, Global Creative Services.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
* Work closely with internal partners to understand external content resources and how to tap into them, ie: Time Inc, magazine editors, bloggers.
* Responsible for providing expert advice, tips and education from both internal and external resources on a continuous basis, also tapping into global assets and translating the information into Avon's voice for the rep and the consumer to be used within the brochures around the world
* Work closely with advertising group and global category teams to understand needs and build pipeline of content.
* Provide editorial story ideas to sustain global beauty launches for use across all media as appropriate.
* Manage relationships with all content resources.
* Culturally in the know, able to translate trends and make them relevant to our rep and consumer. Continuously looking for new resources.
* Collaborate with global marketing and local marketing partners to understand the cultural needs around the world.
* Continuously looking for new content sources.
* Manage a copywriter responsible for development of copy for global creative work for our product categories to be used in the brochure.
* 10 years of experience in editorial positions in the beauty industry
* Bachelors degree in Journalism, English or Communications preferred
* Experience leading a team
* Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
* Ability to work in a complex matrix environment
* Experience in global positions preferred.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Writing/Editing jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Rights and Contracts Manager, Amazon Publishing
Amazon - New York, NY
Creative Writer (Unpaid Internship)
Lucentra Corporation - New York City, NY
Editorial Producer - MYHABIT
Amazon - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: