IT Senior Business Analyst - Mobile Applications Job Listing at Avon in Rye, NY (Job ID avon-RYE000EB&lang=en)
Title: IT Senior Business Analyst - Mobile Applications
Avonhas an exciting opportunity for a self-starter looking to get in on the ground floor of dynamic and innovative programs introducing mobile and social capabilities to over 6 million independent sales Representatives and their customers worldwide. The IT Business Analyst is a key member of a high performance team that defines solutions from a blank slate including benefit identification and measurement, design, construction and testing and global rollout supervision. The BA is responsible for planning, managing and executing functional definition activities. Partnering with business product owners, the BA elicits, analyzes, documents and manages functional requirements to ensure the delivery of quality solutions. This role participates in a matrixed project team for highly-visible, strategic company initiatives in digital commerce programs, one of the highest growth areas for the global corporation. Hands-on agile experience is highly desirable. Some travel required.
* Requirements Planning and Management – Plan and schedule requirement activities. Identify and engage the correct actors to participate in requirement activities. Identify and manage risks and issues related to requirements management. Manage requirements changes and updates.
* Requirements Gathering – Conduct requirements gathering using appropriate elicitation methods to derive business requirements. Work closely with clients to identify requirements and the costs and benefits of system solutions. Distinguish between business needs, wants and wishes. Negotiate options with the client, exercise team leadership capabilities and demonstrate persuasion and patience with others. Work with the client and development partner to estimate and prioritize changes.
* Requirements Analysis – Analyze and model process and information data captured during requirements gathering. Apply conceptualization and creative thinking skills toward possible solutions. Perform cost / benefit analysis.
* Requirements Documentation - Document business processes and business requirements. Derive system functional requirements from business requirements. Ensure completeness, accuracy and clarity of requirements. Maintain current state system reference documentation. Provide traceability between business objectives, requirements, design and test cases.
* Requirements Communication – Present and communicate requirements using an appropriate level of detail and mechanism to stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Obtain stakeholder approval and signoff.
* Requirements Implementation - Conduct reviews of requirements and functional design with development partners and provide support during the development process. Support system test activities by developing and executing test cases, participating in defect triage. Assist with developing training materials and provide training sessions. Participate in definition and communication of post-implementation support processes. Participate in post-implementation support activities.
* Requirements Governance - Ensure adherence to Avon’s CDP, Comprehensive Delivery Process, for managing business analysis tasks and required deliverables and documentation. Participate in activities to bring improvements in the requirements management practice.
Information Architecture and Interactive Design
* Apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class user experiences
* Define site/application navigation, organization, interaction design and business/user processes.
* Work closely with business partners and developers to test and refine designs and prototypes and ensure usability.
* Provide business analysis domain leadership in BA Lead role on individual, larger scale IT projects. Act as the primary liaison with the larger project team to communicate priorities and status.
* Mentor and lead additional business analysts on a project including business analysis deliverable reviews, standardization of templates and business analysis planning meetings.
* Serve as the IT organization’s model for client satisfaction.
* Coordinate with IT colleagues to integrate activities to meet client needs.
* Assist in creation/negotiation of interaction agreements between the business and IT (outlining responsibilities and expectations of each party).
* Track and maintain documentation on how technologies have been used to successfully support the lines of business and business processes.
* Contribute knowledge articles for new solution capabilities delivered. Update or retire articles to reflect changes in solution capabilities.
* Transfer functional knowledge to regional and market rollout teams.
* Transfer functional knowledge to service delivery by participating in issue isolation and resolution.
* Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or related field and/or equivalent experience. Business Analysis certification (CBAP, B2T) preferred.
A minimum of 7-9 years of business analysis or related software development experience
Experience with mobile commerce, eCommerce, marketing, online ordering or other related web functional domains
Experience in writing and documenting business and systems requirements and writing related project documentation (user stories, API user guides, statement of work, test cases, user doc, etc).
Experience with information architecture and eliciting requirements and user journeys from scratch.
Proven Web and mobile usability and design expertise required
Experience in a Lead BA role directing work of other business analysts required
Experience working in a disciplined SDLC-type environment – agile team member experience preferred
Prior experience on projects to design and implement mobile features in solutions such as such as native iOS, Android, iPad apps, hybrid apps, mobile webandSMS highly desired
Prior experience on projects to design and implement social features in solutions such as destination external community platform, distributed widgets and Facebook apps beneficial
* Deep understanding of varied business analysis domain practices, particularly those used to create social media, mobile and web solutions such as user stories, user-centered design, navigation modeling, prototyping and conceptual design.
* Skilled in the use of tools to elicit and model processes and solutions such as iRise, ARIS, Powerpoint and Visio.
* Understanding of functional definition activities and deliverables used to define, analyze and design mobile features in software solutions such as such as native iOS, Android, iPad apps, hybrid apps, mobile webandSMS
* Understanding of activities, roles and deliverables used to design and implement social features in software solutions such as destination external community platform, distributed widgets and Facebook apps
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
Key Qualities / Skills / Attributes
* Leadership with an ability to negotiate and influence without authority
* High degree of curiosity and innovation
* Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
* Business and problem solving acumen
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Testing skills
* Attention to detail
* IT industry and consumer products knowledge
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Nassau County, NY
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Garden City, NY
Sales support, Stamford to $40K- SENSE OF HUMOR A MUST!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Stamford, CT
Project Manager - Retail
Trail Blazer Professionals - Huntington, NY
Locate this job: