Processing Supervisor Job Listing at Avon in Morton Grove, IL
Title: Processing Supervisor
Location: US-IL-Morton Grove
The Processing Supervisor is responsible for development and success of self-directed work teams. The work team is responsible for the efficient operation of the Processing area including safety, quality, service, GMP compliance, productivity, and cost. The Supervisor must be able to manage and coach a multi-skilled, multi-level, multi-shift, diverse workforce to achieve business results.
* Works with teams and peers to ensure safe working conditions and compliance with OSHA and EPA requirements.
* Promotes and enforces safe working habits.
* Works with teams to ensure a high degree of cleanliness is maintained in work areas and common areas at all times.
* Promotes team concept with focus on continuous improvement.
* Efficiently schedules equipment, manpower, and inventory requirements for the production of finished and processed ingredients to optimize quality, service, and cost.
* Attends daily Packaging meetings and effectively communicate availability of finished ingredient as appropriate.
* Monitors and adjusts floor stock inventories as needed to ensure inventory accuracy.
* Effectively communicates with Ingredient Analysts and Master Production Schedulers to limit disruptions caused by ingredient shortages.
* Investigates, resolves, and implements corrective preventive measures for finished ingredient quality issues.
* Develops and implements strategies to improve the operation.
* Initiates and completes projects and assignments in a timely manner.
* Facilitates and monitors Processor and Utility Processor training.
* Coordinates finished ingredient production to support Outside Vendors and International Locations.
* Four year college degree or equivalent, plus 2-5 years in a related field required, technical engineering or science degree is preferred, chemical engineering degree ideal.
* At least 4 years manufacturing experience and 2 years supervisory experience needed, previous compounding, pharmaceutical, or cosmetic formulation and manufacture experience is a plus.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills necessary.
* Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated leadership skills (Listening, Giving Feedback) needed.
* Ability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of management needed.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills needed.
* Must be self motivated.
* Must be customer focused and able to react to multiple, changing priorities on short notice.
* Must have demonstrated ability to work with manufacturing computer systems (pc, MRP, Stock Location).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
CCB AML/KYC Project Manager II - Chicago
Chase - IL, Illinois
J.P. Morgan - IL, Illinois
Implementation Project Manager Pay Connexion - Chicago
Chase - IL, Illinois
Locate this job: