SAP Basis Administrator Job Listing at Avon in White Plains, NY
Title: SAP Basis Administrator
Location: US-NY-White Plains
Promise - Service Model Transformation Initiative
Promise is the most significant transformation Avon has commissioned in over 50 years and is a key component of the Chairman's Growth Agenda. Promise is chartered with delivering a seamless service experience for how Representatives do business with customers and Avon.
To address Avon's current and future business needs, the integrated service model will encapsulate a combination of innovative ideas from within the organization, industry and Avon leading practices, and lessons learned. Critical business processes and enabling technologies are being reengineered to transform the order to delivery experience and Representative care.
The initiative was launched in May 2010 when a core team was formed in White Plains NY to lead the effort. The team is comprised of selected associates from global business functions as well as key markets including Brazil, Mexico, Russia, US, and UK.
Since May 2010, the team has led the development of the vision for the Representative experience of the future. Using this vision as a foundation, the team defined the Global Core Service Model capabilities, processes, and system requirements and received Executive sign off on our business process design in May of 2011.
Avon will be leveraging ECC 6.0 and CRM 7.0 including the Customer Interaction Center. ECC will be the cornerstone of the order to cash process for Avon's new Global Core Service Model, along with Vistex for Pricing and Promotions. We will be piloting our solution in Canada in early 2013 prior to rolling out to our top 5 markets Brazil, US, Mexico, UK and Russia over the next 4 years.
Avon is looking for seasoned SAP professionals to add to our staff of Business and IT high performing teams. This is a unique opportunity to build a new platform that will enable Avon's aggressive growth plans and delight millions of Avon Representatives around the world.
* Responsible for the technical management of a SAP Landscape including design, installation, configuration, patching, and ongoing support activities.
* Handle specific OS and Database work associated with the SAP installation and / or maintenance
* Perform day-to-day support and problem resolution of issues in the SAP environment
* Coordinate the performance of administration (SAP, OS, and DB) and hardware maintenance activities with other key stakeholders in the business and IT
* Design and maintain the technical environment to support user requirements (system landscape, tools, performance levels and technical change management approach).
* Perform administration of technical change management in support of approved processes.
* Develop and maintain an SAP archiving strategy which supports corporate retention policies and is approved by the business.
* Implement and maintain the on-going execution of this system.
* Monitor the performance and status of interfaced transactions across the SAP environment
* Track performance of agreed upon SLAs, performance against other internal KPIs and compliance with company policies (such as Disaster Recovery).
* Work with SAP performance tools to ensure system speed, stability, and reliability (CCMS, SOLMAN alerts, etc.).
* Support project needs and other enhancement requests in consideration of all system stakeholders and effectively communicate the impact of changes to all relevant stakeholders.
* Ability to perform root cause analysis and identify complex SAP technical issues.
* Develop and maintain system documentation, procedures, and standards.
* Participate in the planning of solutions and administering technologies within the Basis environment for various projects and services.
* Ensure SAP components, related technologies and software upgrades are effectively installed as required and approved to ensure the security and reliability of the SAP environment
* Develop SAP processes and procedures for problem analysis/determination and providing long term solutions
* Job scheduling, monitoring, troubleshooting.
* Work closely with SAP around monthly EarlyWatch reporting, OSS connection activities, SAP Notes and patches, and their possible impact to the productive system.
* Configuration of SAP backup's to adhere to corporation policies.
Required SAP Basis Administration skills:
* SAP Installations
* SAP Upgrades
* Advanced research and resolution of issues
* Performance Tuning
* SAP Integration to other SAP and non-SAP systems (BOBJ Data services desired)
* Database monitoring and troubleshooting
* Client copies, systems copies, instance refreshes
* Backups and restores
* Monitoring and Tuning of SAP systems
* Patch Administration
* Transport Management
* Third party product installations
* SAP OSS research
* Disaster recovery, planning and testing
* Database migrations and reorganizations
* Advanced Oracle knowledge included, but not limited to restore and recovery, parameter settings, SQL scripting
* Must be advanced with JAVA Stack knowledge
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Business Information Systems, or Electrical Engineering desired.
* 5-7 years of SAP work experience is required with a focus on ECC (Order Management, Financials, WMS, & Business Warehouse), CRM, XI/PI, SAP BOBJ Data Services and Solution Manager. Candidate must have a deep understanding of the SAP architecture to ensure technical designs will meet Avon's Service Level requirements.
* Ability to work with multiple vendors, systems integrators and make key decisions for Avon's best interest.
* 7-10 years of SAP Basis Administration work experience
* 5-7 years of related technical and business systems design experience demonstrable strength in analysis, design, and architecture. Managerial background is a plus.
* 3 years of work experience with Oracle database skills
* 3 years of work experience supporting Web/Internet technologies
* Working experience with SAP monitoring techniques and tools
* Proven ability to lead technical projects
* Ability to train and mentor team members
* Good Communications skills. Strong verbal and written skills are required.
* Must be able to lead meetings, participate in presentations and make key decisions and recommendations.
* Strongly Prefer Local Candidates within commuting distance to White Plains, New York
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Ramapo, NY
View similar jobs:
IT Operations Analyst
KellyMitchell Group - Franklin Lakes, NJ
IT Project Manager
KellyMitchell Group - Franklin Lakes, NJ
Data Warehouse Designer / Developer -ETL BOBJ Data Services -SMT
Avon - White Plains, NY
Locate this job: