Manager Data Networking and Storage Job Listing at Avon in Rye, NY
Title: Manager Data Networking and Storage
Avon, the world's largest direct seller and one of Forbes' 2012 top 50 world's most innovative companies, serves over 6 million Sales Representatives globally with one of the largest e-commerce sites in the world. We are hiring a Senior Manager to manage all aspects of our network and storage infrastructure. This role will provide leadership, vision, and direction to a 12-member team managing all aspects of network and storage infrastructure for Avon’s two major data centers hosting 80 e-commerce sites and related infrastructure, accounting for 100% of company revenue . The role is based in Rye, NY, approximately 20 miles outside New York City.
This unflappable leader will oversee the teams providing all aspects of Level 2 and 3 LAN/WAN and Storage Area network support, implementation, and architecture for 200 locations globally as follows:
* Initiate, plan, and deploy network and storage infrastructure projects,
* Provide backup and recovery architecture to increase BRS capacity and reduce infrastructure costs
* Manage global network controls, in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Manage intellectual property such as IP address space, domain structure, and DNS infrastructure.
* Create annual technology business plan for area of responsibility.
* Provide vision in support of the creation of Architecture.
* Evaluate new and existing external vendors in support of the enterprise goals.
* Recommend appropriate technology platform to support business processes and information flows.
* Assist in the analysis and recommendation of new or different technologies to enhance current systems.
* Provide technical support to client and technology management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of a system architecture and standards from firm wide operations
* Resolve architectural and technology choices balancing strategic integration and urgent business needs.
* Ensure that business technology requests maximize the technology investments made.
* Address complex technology needs of the clients by applying sophisticated technical skills and understanding business functions.
* Serve as the approver of all production network changes globally and all production storage changes in our two Global Data Centers.
* Creates long term overall project schedules and short term action item lists
* Assist in the resolution of high level network problems
* Maintain comprehensive documentation for all networks and problem tracking
* Must have experience in a large, multi-site Cisco network environment
* Experience managing Sr. Level Network and Storage Engineers
* Strong knowledge of the following technical environments:
* Cisco ISR G1 and G2 routers, Cisco 7200 routers, ASR 1000 routers, Nexus 5000/5500 switches, 2xxx Fabric Extenders, Cisco 7000 switches Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches – Sup 720 models (IOS & CATOS)
* Firewalls - Cisco Pix, ASA
* Disaster Recovery – Processes and Setup
* Cisco VPN - Tunneling and client setups
* Load Balancing Hardware – Citrix Netscaler, F5 Big IP
* OSI network, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
* TCP/IP-based services include DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP
* Network monitoring and security utilities
* Windows and Linux operating systems
* EMC VMAX, VPLEX, Celerra and Centerra
* EMC Avamar and Data Domain appliances
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a global environment
Experience managing a budget (approx $6m)
Superior customer service and a commitment to excellence and service improvement in all tasks.
Communicate effectively both written and orally when dealing with employees, vendors, colleagues and upper management.
Candidate will be expected to excel at working both individually and within a group environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-PM/BA jobs in Nassau County, NY
View similar jobs:
Auto Finance / Student Lending: Business Analyst
Chase - NY, New York
Business Systems Analyst
Cablevision - Bethpage, NY
Sr Business Analyst #8410
Hallmark Information, Science and Technology - Stamford, CT
Locate this job: