Utility B Job Listing at Avon in Morton Grove, IL
Title: Utility B
Location: US-IL-Morton Grove
The Utility B performs various material handling, clerical, and processing functions. Knowledgeable of and performs duties in compliance with current GMP and Safety procedures. Completes required records and assumes responsibility for maintaining a high degree of cleanliness and organization in their work area.
Possesses working knowledge of all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs); and microbiological control, quality assurance and sanitization procedures. Prevents contamination of product by maintaining a high level of personal hygiene and through appropriate use of head coverings and gloves. Assumes responsibility for GMP and safety compliance of assigned work area by continually maintaining clean, sanitary and organized work areas that satisfies GMPs and safety requirements at all times. Evaluates work area, equipment and processes, making improvements or recommendations to Supervisor. Demonstrates initiative to continuously improve area of responsibility. Accurately completes required documentation consistent with GMP and procedural requirements. Works safely by understanding and performing all duties in accordance with applicable safety procedures including Accident Reporting, Personal Protective Equipment, Safe Lifting, Safety Knife, Confined Space Entry, Lockout/Tagout, Forklift Safety, Machine Guarding, Safety Rules, and Emergency Response and Evacuation. Successfully completes required Fork Lift and Hearing Conservation physical assessments. Respirator physical exam required as needed. At the Packaging Unit's request, delivers material to that department in a timely manner using basic mechanical and manual methods to maintain quality and proper fill levels during the production run. Communicates effectively with the Packaging Department in a considerate manner, via appropriate equipment. Anticipates needs of Packaging units and prestages equipment, supplies and inventory to provide a high level of response and service. Cleans and sanitizes storage tanks, storage cans, tote bins, horns, boots, hoses, and other equipment in accordance with applicable procedures. Performs basic maintenance, and monitors and operates the sanitizer distribution system and the various CIP systems. Takes and reports daily physicals of FI Inventories. Takes samples of finished ingredients to the FI Lab for updates as required. Evaluates, measures, locates, and records finished ingredient returns from Packaging units in accordance with applicable procedures. Reviews Packaging Dispatch daily and updates FI in storage in advance of need by Packaging unit. Reviews processing schedule daily, samples finished ingredient rework, obtains rework paperwork from the FI Lab, and delivers rework to the processing work area in a timely manner. Locates miscellaneous supplies as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. Handles hazardous wastes properly per EPA requirements.
* Must have good oral and written communication skills and be able to read and understand English.
* Must have clear, legible handwriting, good math skills and be able to accurately weigh and measure ingredients.
* High School or General Education Degree (GED).
* Must be able to learn how to operate a fork lift truck.
* Must acquire necessary computer skills, and working knowledge of applicable GMPs and procedures.
* Requires accuracy in correct product delivery.
* Total responsibility for adherence to procedures, batch quality and equipment upkeep; requires a logical thought process and good follow through; must use common sense concerning product quality.
* Must be able to work independently; must document activities to a high degree of accuracy.
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carryout more complex instructions in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with more complex problems involving some abstract thinking, though may require supervision.
* Requires little direction when solving simple problems.
* Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals without supervisor explanation.
* Able to meet the minimum productivity and quality requirements, including minimum productivity KPIs.
* Works at a fast pace in a congested area, on feet all of the time, occasional heavy exertion.
* Able to lift 25-35# frequently, 35-50# occasionally, and 50-100# with assistance from others.
* Able to tip and roll 680# drums and position 5000# totes utilizing Fork Lift trucks when necessary.
* Up to 10% of time spent climbing stairs/ladders, stooping, bending, and kneeling.
* Exposed to heavy-duty processing equipment, numerous hazardous chemicals, ingredients and fumes, extremes of heat, high and low pressure steam and wet floors.
* Must be able to work overtime with minimum notice, work extended shifts, weekends and holidays, and be capable of going to different shifts as production needs require.
* Must work well with others and take directions well.
* Acceptable performance in this job accomplishing the training and work experience requirements established for this position fulfills the prerequisite for promotability (through the Job Opportunity Program) to the Utility A position.
Testing Requirements: Wonderlic Basic Skills Assessment Scores: Math 2; Verbal 2
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Facilities Management jobs in Illinois Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Utility Worker - Chicago, IL
ADM - Chicago, IL
Maintenance - Building and Machine
Cintas - Bedford Park, IL
Cintas - Schaumburg, IL
Locate this job: