Locate this job
** Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program required **
This position provides comfortable, safe, professional care for clinic patients, and provides all assistance required to successfully schedule and complete patient appointments. He/she demonstrates the ability to meet the needs and provide services to all age-groups from infancy to geriatrics, and is competent in providing services to a culturally diverse population.
Minimum Education :
- Equivalent to graduation from high school
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- College level coursework in the delivery of care in a medical clinic.
Minimum Experience :
- Experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills as are required to document, communicate and enter information into the electronic medical records system, as well as to complete an online application and pre-employment/annual online learning requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in compliance with patient safety standards. Bi-lingual abilities preferred.
- Current state issued certification as a Medical Assistant, or ability to obtain such certification within six months of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification from the American Heart Association, or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in the employee’s state of residence.
Physical Demands :
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing, walking and sitting.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Exposure to stressful environments that may include communicating with difficult individuals in emotional situations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising care.
- Contact with patients and guests under a wide variety of circumstances
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases. Universal precautions are followed using personal protective equipment as required.
- Exposure to infections and contagious disease.
- Exposure to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and waste.
- Subject to hazards of flammable and explosive gases.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, including the handling of emergency or crisis situations.
- Subject to pressure due to irregular hours, frequent interruptions and stressful situations due to multiple demands.
Apply on company website