HR Generalist for Nationally Top Rated Charter School System Job Listing at BASIS.ed in Scottsdale, AZ
BASIS.ed is seeking an Human Resources (HR) Generalist to play a critical role by building and managing effective HR systems while providing outstanding HR customer service to leaders and staff in our schools and corporate offices. The HR Generalist reports to the Director, Human Resources and partners closely with school-based managers. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of HR systems and procedures especially in a K-12 school setting, experience navigating employee relations issues, and enthusiasm for initiatives that will increase the sustainability of BASIS.ed’s hard-working staff.
BASIS.ed currently manages 12 schools with over 7,000 students, employs over 650 people, and will be opening 4-6 additional schools for fall 2014. It is imperative that our HR Generalist share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
To learn more about BASIS schools and the programs being developed across the country, visit www.basisschools.org
1. Administers employee benefit plans. Processes required documentation to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
2. Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits.
3. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed decisions on benefits.
4. Resolves employee concerns related to health and welfare plans functioning as liaison with various insurance carriers.
5. Coordinates implementation/maintenance of all HR systems.
6. Works closely with Payroll to ensure timely and accurate pay
7. Maintains human resources files and databases
8. Administers the on-boarding documentation process, including the preparation of new hire paperwork
Policies and Procedures
9. Participates in the development of company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
10. Participates in the development of employee-centric communications
11. Participates in the resolution of employee relations issues
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and valid fingerprint clearance are required at BASIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced degree or certificate in human resources, business, management, education, public administration, or PHR/SPHR certification. Minimum of two years experience in human resources. Together with a high level of judgment; ability to handle sensitive employment information with discretion and confidentiality as appropriate, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
View similar jobs:
Employee Relations Consultant, Centralized Employee Relations Team (CERT)--Tempe
Allstate Insurance Company - Tempe, AZ
US Payroll Admin
Kelly Services - Chandler, AZ
Generalist- Human Resource I (contract)
First Solar - Tempe, AZ
Locate this job: