Store Associate Job Listing at Batteries Plus LLC in Virginia Beach, VA (Job ID batteriesplus-219285)
Closing Date: Feb. 01, 2014
Store: Suffolk VA 469 Franchise
Job Location: Virginia Beach - Virginia Beach City County
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Based on experience
Benefits: Simple IRA Retirement Plan, Medical Insurance for Full-time Employees, Vacation After One Year of full-time Employment, Training and Development, Employee Discount
Batteries Plus now hiring inside sales associates willing to work multiple locations and shifts. Locations are in Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake. Some weekends are required.
Come join our fast-paced, exciting work environment with real opportunity for growth! Sell batteries and accessory items to retail and commercial customers. Provide customers with solutions, perform battery tests and installations, and contribute to the overall success of the store. Must be able to lift 50 + lbs. and possess a valid driver�s license (required). We provide flexible hours to accommodate a multitude of schedules.
We are currently growing our sales team and looking for individuals who wish to develop a strong career path and move into store management. Assist customers in a courteous, professional and helpful manner in this growing industry. This is a great opportunity to grow within our leading edge business!!
Batteries Plus is on the cutting edge of the portable power segment of the energy industry. Even in this down economy our company is continuing to grow. The U.S. demand for batteries is growing an estimated 2.5% annually and projected to be a $33.6 billion industry by 2012 and analysts predict even more growth for this powerful segment in years to come. Break into this enormous and developing industry by joining with a proven leader!
Batteries Plus was the first organization to respond to the evolving needs of the replacement battery market. Since opening our first store in 1988, we have grown to be the largest most comprehensive retail and business-to-business chain focused on the battery category. Batteries Plus currently has over 420+ stores open or in development from coast to coast. We pride ourselves in being known as
"America's Battery Experts."
If you�re seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus offers a terrific start, a wide variety of experiences, the chance to build knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go. If you�re coming to us mid-career you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
Customer Service / Sales
* Greet customers, determine needs and answer questions
* Suggest sell add-on items, participate in retail store and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals
* Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers
* Operate computer/cash register to complete sales transactions
* Answer phones, ensuring messages are relayed
* Function as a team player
* Demonstrate a customer first mentality
Merchandising / Inventory
* Rotate and stock inventory
* Install batteries, perform tests and tech work
* Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products
* Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store appearance
* Maintain retail shelf label pricing
* Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and fixtures
* Prepare store for daily opening and closing
* H.S. diploma/equivalent and 6 months prior work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior retail experience desired but not required
* Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company�s electronic retail and cross reference system
* Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer focus
* Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and algebraic expressions and read gauges
* Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience desired
* Valid driver�s license and clean driving record preferred. Required for driving positions
At Batteries plus, you will not only experience a fun-filled work environment, but will be rewarded with outstanding pay and benefits!
Our benefits vary by position, but include the following:
* Simple IRA Retirement Plan
* Health Insurance
* Training and Development
* Employee Discount
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Norfolk area, VA
View similar jobs:
Instructional Designer II - Clinical Job
Amerigroup - Virginia Beach, VA
Sentara Healthcare - Virginia Beach, VA
Hall Hyundai - Elizabeth City, NC
Locate this job: