Apply on Company Website
Blue Care Network in Southfield, Michigan is currently seeking to add an IT Manager to their Southfield team. The manager has overall responsibility for day-to-day operations and project delivery for BCN Systems. To be successful in this role, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Strong IT Project Delivery experience (IT Project Management), with emphasis on Web and Integration projects (focus is on applications, not infrastructure)
2. SDLC experience in both waterfall and agile
3. Demonstrated management experience, in supporting employee growth and development
4. Ability to manage Delivery Leads and System Analyst team members, with overall responsibility to deliver on commitments (50+ concurrent projects at any given time)
5. Excellent financial skills, and experience in Insurance industry required
- An experienced IT manager with at least ten (10) years experience in information technology with emphasis in system development with some understanding of system operations, data base management and fully competent in a variety of tools required.
- At least ten (10) years experience in providing information technology project delivery, including best practices for Project Management and SDLC processes throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Strong background in systems analysis with demonstrated experience providing high-level solutions design, specific business requirements, and developing detailed project estimations.
- Experience in the following technologies required:
- System Integration
- Understanding the concepts of design, EAI tools, SOA
- Real-time and batch transaction processing
- Distributed systems
- Web-based solutions
- JAVA, J2EE
- RDBMS: Sybase, Oracle
- SQL, database query tools
o Other experience preferred:
- HP Openview Center / Peregrine Service Center
- Source code migration tool (i.e. PVCS)
- MS Project
Corporate Requirements: Overall responsibility for day to day operations and project development for all BCN systems in the following areas: Interface/Web, Systems Analysis, IT Delivery Leadership, and Production Support.
- Comfortable managing teams of 15+ technical individuals, with at least five (5) years supervisory experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with both internal and external customers and all levels of the organization, and the ability to influence the business in coordination and commitment to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Previous Insurance industry background preferred
- Allocates staff as needed to support all BCN projects and base work within appropriate budget levels and skill sets to ensure effective resource management.
- Provides expertise to support staff to ensure quality and timeliness is achieved on all efforts.
- Works with staff in the development of new systems and integration of multiple software application packages.
- Works closely with Business Units and with appropriate business areas to ensure their business needs are understood and that services provided meet those needs.
- Has latitude in identifying creative solutions for strategic systems and operational requirements.
- On call responsibilities for abends during batch at night
Planning, budgeting, reporting:
- Assists with the development of the BCN IT budget and participates in all IT planning activities and in maintains operations within budget
- Offers new and improved methodologies and processes for quality improvement and increased productivity
- Bachelors degree required
- Master's degree in a business related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to conduct presentations required.
- General business knowledge required.
- Understanding the concepts of design, EAI tools, and SOA.
- Understanding the concepts of the SDLC methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with both internal and external customers and all levels of the organization, and the ability to influence the business in coordination and commitment to timeliness of testing required.
- Ability to manage conflict and find mutually acceptable resolutions required.
- Depth of knowledge in managing, motivating and quality assurance for/of staff required.
- Significant knowledge of systems including virtually all aspects of development and operation, mainframe and client server with network capabilities to triage ticket management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and timelines required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Insurance or health care experience preferred