Apply on Company Website
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is currently seeking a Technology Solutions Architect for their Detroit, MI facility. This Technology Solutions Architect will be responsible for supporting enterprise architecture activities, new technology and solution architecture for projects and programs, research and evaluation of emerging technologies and solutions, strategic technology and solution planning, as well as consulting with technology and business areas throughout the organization Departmental Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with creating architecture artifacts and communicating them to technology and business constituents
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in applying architecture practices and techniques towards business opportunities for change
- Experience working within teams chartered to deliver IT and business changes that encompass people, process and technology
- Broad experience across information, solution and technology architecture disciplines
- Experience with architecting multiple technology, information and solution platforms
- Experience with providing solutions leveraging Service Oriented Architectures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in Health Care Payer, HIE and/or Clinical processes and technologies
- Project and Program solution architecture experience
- Familiarity with existing and emerging Health Care standards (e.g. HIPPA, HL7, x12)
- Leadership skills
Enterprise architecture, new technology implementation, research and evaluation of emerging technologies, strategic technology planning, consulting, software validation, e-business support.
Education and/or Experience
- Provides true subject matter expertise in specific disciplines for the design of company's technology architecture and implementation of hardware and software infrastructure.
- Develops and monitors the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision within area of expertise.
- Identify, implement and monitor best practices for technology architecture in area of expertise.
- Has wide latitude in determining creative solutions to strategic and operational needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years related experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- A high proficiency level in specific job related skills is required.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.