Software Engineer Job Listing at Belcan in Cincinnati, OH
Materials & Construction, Media / Publishing
Job Number: 147876
Category: A - Immediate/Urgent Need
Description: Belcan is an entrepreneurial and market driven organization committed to quality and customer satisfaction. Belcan is among the top 10% of the largest engineering firms in the country with over 6500 employees at 60 locations. The Advanced Engineering and Technology Division (AETD) of Belcan is a global provider of highly technical engineering services to a wide variety of industries.
We are currently looking for Software Engineers to provide software support and create new software applications and maintain existing applications developed in HP-UNIX and Windows environments. Most new applications will be created in VB.NET although some will require C#, PHP, HTML, Perl and or Python. Existing applications were created using VB6 or VB.NET however some were created using C#, PHP, C, and Java. Data in new applications are stored in MySQL and existing are stored in MySQL or MS Access databases and occasionally read data from Oracle databases. Experience in Active Reports & Chart FX is desirable.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, etc?): Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with minimum 2 year of experience.
● Experience with C/C++
● Minimum 2 years industry experience in developing, deploying, and supporting software
● Experience with Perl, Python, and Unix shell scripting
● Proficiency in using both Unix-style (HP-Unix, Linux, OpenBSD, etc.) as well as Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, or 7) environments
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Experience porting software from Unix to Microsoft Windows
● Familiarity with Subversion
● Experience developing GUI interfaces with wxPython
● Familiarity with Rational Rose Realtime
● Experience with HP Unix 10.20
● Web development experience
● Prior experience writing code capable of being run on disparate operating systems
Due to the nature of the work being done applicants must be U. S. Citizens or permanent residents.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Location: Cincinnati , OH
Minimum Experience (yrs): 2+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Cincinnati, OH
View similar jobs:
Control Systems Specialist
Amazon - Hebron, KY
Lead Process/Automation Engineer (3openings)
Entegee Engineering Technical Group - Cincinnati, OH
IT Support Engineer
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Mason, OH
Locate this job: