After School 2012-2013 - Elementary Enrichment Teacher (Brooklyn K-5) Job Listing at BELL in New York, NY (Job ID 1246)
Each Afterschool Enrichment Specialist creates and leads a specific enrichment program that augments the academic program, supports the learning objectives, and reflects the program's theme. Topics can include but are not limited to Arts, Phys Ed, Dance, Martial Arts, Chess, Science and Character Development. Note: In most cases, BELL does not provide a set curriculum. Enrichment Specialists are responsible for fully engaging the scholars in enrichment learning. Scheduled working days vary by program site.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement appropriate enrichment classes for assigned grade levels, including developing clear learning objectives and curriculum plans.
· Prepare classroom for daily activities; work collaboratively with Academic Teachers to ensure activities are linked to academic objectives and with Teachers Assistants to plan and implement daily lessons.
· Maintain accurate classroom records.
· Evaluate scholars and create portfolios with support from Teachers Assistants.
· Ensure enrichment goals are achieved for each scholar.
· Conduct administrative tasks such as attendance checking, photocopying, and maintaining classroom supplies.
· Attend staff meetings and provide program evaluations.
· Collect and submit data for program evaluation.
· Supervise scholars as determined by management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Passion for working with urban elementary aged school children. A Bachelors degree is preferred, experience developing curriculum and teaching a specific enrichment topic (i.e. physical education, arts, science) to children. Computer and internet skills are required. Regional compliance requirements, including fingerprinting and criminal background check.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Head of Industry, Education Vertical
Google - New York, NY
Head of NA Large Education Customer Sales, Enterprise
Google - New York, NY
Part-Time Program Manager - Instructional Culture Insight Team
TNTP - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: