Carrier Business Analyst Job Listing at Benefitfocus.com in Charleston, SC
AtBenefitfocus, our technology is changing the way the world thinks about healthcare and benefits. We provide insurance carriers, employers, consumers and government entities cloud-based technology to shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information.
To be at the forefront of software technology, our strategy is simple. We hire the best and brightest. Our associates tackle the toughest challenges in the industry and create software that is making a positive impact in the lives of millions.
Benefitfocus offers challenging, exciting opportunities with a progressive, high growth software company.
Our Business Analysts work with leaders at world-renowned companies to help solve their unique business challenges. Every Benefitfocus associate is a valued resource. We constantly reward associates and provide a fun, engaging culture. At Benefitfocus, you are joining a rapidly growing company that is solidly positioned in the $2 trillon dollar healthcare industry.
Analyze client needs and create designs that meet client needs, with an eye towards enablement for future releases
• Identify and document software/client requirements, as needed
• Partner with Product Consultants and Product Management to determine whether to exclude or scale down features, when time, scope creep or resource pressures require this
• Conduct usability tests (paper prototyping, wireframes, etc.) as needed and as the schedule allows
• Provide clear, concise use cases, detailed designs, and other deliverables on time (or early)
• Deliver designs that are substantially correct, both at the big picture level and at the detailed level
• Schedule and lead design reviews for features you design
• Provide input and feedback to other designers to ensure correctness and completeness of design specifications
• Proactively involve developers and other associates to make sure your designs can be implemented effectively in a reasonable amount of time
• Follow-up with developers to verify the quality of the product during development
• Work with other teams during early phases of testing to identify as many defects as possible before formal QA begins
Review your ideas and designs with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure usability and functional correctness.
• Look for innovative, new ways to involve clients throughout the design process
• Help other associates learn to interact more effectively with clients by sharing your knowledge, experiences, and successes
• Work with other analysts to bring consistency to Benefitfocus’ products. Research ideas for new functionality thoroughly to ensure efficiency across the software development lifecycle
• Respond to all questions, issues and client requests accurately and in a timely manner, so other employees can do their jobs effectively
• Help other designers work effectively by proactively sharing your product knowledge and software design experience
• Constantly look for possible risks or problems with each project. Express all concerns (and recommendations or solutions) immediately to the Technical Delivery manager, Program Manager, or your Functional Manager.
* Designing complex software solutions for a SaaS environment
* Ability to think outside the box to create simple solutions to complex problems
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to write clearly and concisely and
* Great client-facing skills; ability to present your solutions in an understandable manner to non-technical people
* Ability to establish policies, procedures, methods, and tools
* Well organized and able to manage multiple, competing priorities
* Ability to interact with senior managers, executives, clients and major stakeholders to develop outstanding features
* Ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups
* Ability to travel 10% of your time
* Deep knowledge of the Benefitfocus Employer market
* Working familiarity with the Benefitfocus platform
* Human Resources and benefits background
* Personal Attributes
* Release experience
* Great client-facing skills
* Methodical, ability to create and follow detailed processes
Benefitfocus is the largest benefits technology provider in the country. More than 15 million consumers, 300,000 employers and 60,000 brokers use our cloud-based platform to shop, enroll, manage and exchange all their benefits in one place. From consumer engagement and education to enrollment, communication and billing, Benefitfocus is helping companies find a better way to manage their benefits. For more information, visitwww.benefitfocus.com
Benefitfocus – All Your Benefits. One Place.
Keyword: Business Analyst
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Charleston, SC
View similar jobs:
Veterinary Hospital Manager
VetMgrCentral - Beaufort, SC
Bed Bath & Beyond - Charleston, SC
Bed Bath & Beyond - Charleston, SC
Locate this job: