Interaction Designer (Mid to Senior level) Job Listing at Benefitfocus.com in Charleston, SC
AtBenefitfocus, our technology is changing the way the world thinks about healthcare and benefits. We provide insurance carriers, employers, consumers and government entities cloud-based technology to shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information.
To be at the forefront of software technology, our strategy is simple. We hire the best and brightest. Our engineers tackle the toughest challenges in the industry and create software that is making a positive impact in the lives of millions.
Benefitfocus offers challenging, exciting opportunities to goal-oriented individuals looking for an outlet to demonstrate their talents in software engineering. Each associate has the opportunity to participate in continuing education activities while staying current with the latest information available, including Engineering Summits, Focus Time and BFTech. As a company, we invest in each person to ensure all our associates are successful.
Interaction Design borrows theory and technique from traditional design, psychology, and technical disciplines. Interaction Designers define the form of products as they relate to behavior and use. They anticipate how the use of products will mediate human relationships and affect human understanding, and they explore the dialogue between products, people, and contexts--physical, cultural, historical.
At Benefitfocus, Interaction Designers translate complex business requirements into effective software applications. Interaction Designers work closely with other associates, including Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Software Engineers, to design and implement software interfaces that are easy for our clients to use and that are aesthetically pleasing. Interaction Designers specialize in one or more of these areas:
* Graphic Design
* Create visual designs, including typography, artwork, logos, and icons for Benefitfocus products and projects
* Implement creative designs and graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator, and other tools
* Conduct user research in the form of contextual inquiries, usability sessions, focus groups, and surveys
* Clearly document and analyze research results and make practical recommendations based on findings
* Information Architecture
* Develop paper prototypes, wireframes, and interactive presentations for enhancements to existing products and development of new products
* Conduct business needs assessments including content analysis
Interaction Designers must be able to:
* Multi-task effectively—working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, rapidly changing software company
* Learn new subject matter domains quickly and independently
* Solve problems both analytically and creatively
* Visualize complex systems and find ways to simplify them whenever possible
* Create prototypes, present designs to users, evaluate designs based on users’ feedback, and update designs
* Empathize with users’ needs and goals
* Understand the strengths and limitations of humans and of technology
* Show passion for improving Benefitfocus products with purposeful, pragmatic, and elegant design solutions
* Make reasonable trade-offs when time or budget constraints prevent implementation of the ideal solution
* Collaborate effectively with other associates, offering and receiving feedback tactfully and gracefully
Interaction Designers must have:
* A portfolio (preferably interactive) that demonstrates strong design skills and mastery of usability concepts
* Usability and interface design experience as a member of a software development team
* (Other relevant experience and portfolio work gained in a college design curriculum will be considered.)
* Passion for design and for bridging the gap between users and technology with user-centered design solutions
* Solid understanding of basic usability concepts and evaluation
* Ability to understand the technical feasibility of various design choices and adjust designs as needed
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Degree in Human Factors, Interaction/Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or a related field
Interaction Designers typically report to a Manager or Director.
Benefitfocus is the largest benefits technology provider in the country. More than 15 million consumers, 300,000 employers and 60,000 brokers use our cloud-based platform to shop, enroll, manage and exchange all their benefits in one place. From consumer engagement and education to enrollment, communication and billing, Benefitfocus is helping companies find a better way to manage their benefits. For more information, visitwww.benefitfocus.com
Benefitfocus – All Your Benefits. One Place.
Keyword: Interaction Designer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Art/Design jobs in Charleston, SC
View similar jobs:
Photographer's Assistant working with models in Charleston Area
A. K. Nicholas - Charleston, SC
Benefitfocus.com - Charleston, SC
Locate this job: