Technical Analyst Job Listing at Benefitfocus.com in Charleston, SC
At Benefitfocus, our technology is changing the way the world thinks about healthcare and benefits. We provide insurance carriers, employers, consumers and government entities cloud-based technology to shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information.
To be at the forefront of software technology, our strategy is simple. We hire the best and brightest. Our associates tackle the toughest challenges in the industry and create software that is making a positive impact in the lives of millions.
Benefitfocus offers challenging, exciting opportunities with a progressive, high growth software company.
Every Benefitfocus associate is a valued resource. We constantly reward associates and provide a fun, engaging culture. At Benefitfocus, you are joining a rapidly growing company that is solidly positioned in the $2 trillon dollar healthcare industry.
The Technical Analysts are responsible for design and technical requirements for client implementations. The Technical Analyst converts the client needs and requirements into an actionable designs and technical specifications.
Technical Analysts are client-facing technical representatives who are able to engage clients from business needs and capabilities to requirements.
The Technical Analyst is mature, resilient and capable of interpreting client recommended solutions as analogies of their requirement rather than instructions.
• Facilitates/Leads technical design sessions
• Creates technical requirements for significant technical changes
• Creates solution proposals for significant features
• Act as technical advisor for Project Manager and project peers
• Works closely with Design Leads to ensure integration requirements meet comprehensive solution definition and aligned to full information flows
• Leads information lifecycle through the solution, end-to-end; Works with Product Consultants/BAs, UxG, engineers, DBE and Design Leads to ensure consistency, continuity and transitivity of data flows across the system (e.g. ensure data captured in UI or ingress integration is used/modified/displayed and/or consumed in egress; conversely, ensuring that egress integration requirements are based on captured/managed data)
• Facilitates cross-functional design sessions where appropriate to produce solution architectures and designs
• Identifies key technical work items and works closely with Project Managers, Product Consultants/BAs and Technology Delivery Managers in support planning (tasking, dependencies, sequencing, asset bundling, etc)
• Works closely with Product Consultants/Bas, Technology Delivery Managers, Engineers and Test Engineers to facilitate transition of feature needs to engineering, QA and JCT including requirements and design reviews
• Identifies and creates technical design decisions; tracks closure of decisions
• Participates in project governance processes to ensure alignment to comprehensive solution
• Creates prototypes and technical proofs-of-concept where appropriate
• Supports the project through the entire lifecycle to provide clarification and address change impacts
• Typical deliverables
o Feature solution proposals
o Technical requirements and design
o Technical design decisions
o Standard solution contexts and overviews
o Standard Solution Overviews and Architecture
• BS degree required; Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
• 3-5+ years experience software development, analysis and design
• Proven technology analysis and design experience in large distributed solutions
• Object-oriented design and development
• Service-oriented Architecture design and development (preferred)
• Experience developing multi-tenant applications
• Strong communications skills, both in writing and speaking
• Good organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple implementations
• Prefer client-facing experience
• Experience with business applications supporting healthcare, health insurance, and/or benefits administration(preferred)
Benefitfocus is the largest benefits technology provider in the country. More than 15 million consumers, 300,000 employers and 60,000 brokers use our cloud-based platform to shop, enroll, manage and exchange all their benefits in one place. From consumer engagement and education to enrollment, communication and billing, Benefitfocus is helping companies find a better way to manage their benefits. For more information, visit www.benefitfocus.com
Benefitfocus – All Your Benefits. One Place.
Keyword: "Technical Analyst"
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Charleston, SC
View similar jobs:
Network Technician II
DG Business Solutions - Charleston, SC
The Judge Group - CHARLESTON AFB, SC
IS Associate Field Tech
CVS Caremark - Charleston, SC
Locate this job: