HSE Manager - North America Shale Drilling Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX
Energy, Metals & Mining
HSE Manager - North America Shale Drilling
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
The main purpose of this role is the promotion of Zero Harm through the development and implementation of a broad range of HSE work practices and procedures, and verification that these practices and procedures are effective.
The incumbent Provide HSE leadership and functional expertise to the Petroleum North America Shale Drilling and Completions Team by:
* Providing HSE assurance, issue management support, and coordination for NAS Drilling Vice President & Senior Drilling Managers
* Fostering a strong HSE culture, encourage and support line ownership of HSE performance delivery
* Adopting a governance role to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
* Monitoring and reviewing HSE performance to drive continual improvement within NAS Drilling
* Ensuring HSE risks are managed according to Petroleum expectations.
* Overseeing resourcing and development for HSE professionals in the NAS Drilling HSE Team
* Monitor the implementation, use and effectiveness of Petroleum HSEC Management System, programs, procedures, and practices in Drilling to ensure compliance with Petroleum HSE expectations, drive alignment with other Divisions, and identify and drive areas for HSE improvement
* Effectively manage interfaces with appropriate stakeholders, consultants and contractors engaged in Drilling HSE
* Ensure effective Contractor HSE Management programs and processes within Drilling.
* Visit, inspect and audit Drilling & Completion locations as appropriate to ensure the implementation and fulfillment of HSE standards, procedures and protocols in line with corporate and Petroleum HSE standards and the principles of Zero Harm
* Provide advice to Drilling & Completions HSE Managers/Supervisors in matters of HSE & regulatory and develop actions to correct any potential nonconformance with Group or Petroleum HSE standards.
* Promote the application of techniques such as continual improvement, benchmarking, technological innovation, effective leadership, special HSE initiatives, and teamwork with the purpose of achieving and assuring world-class results and standards
* Monitor performance against annual and campaign HSE plans, ensuring timely performance feedback is delivered to the Drilling Managers.
* Manage career development, support recruitment and promote advancement of motivated and competent HSE professionals ; identify opportunities to optimize resources to achieve desired results
* Collaborate with HSE colleagues across Petroleum, industry/functional associations, contractors, consultants and universities to promote awareness, development and transfer of HSE knowledge and experience.
* Monitor and advise on HSE issues in Drilling to meet current and anticipated future standards and regulatory requirements.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
Applies Strategic Business perspective
Action oriented and delivers results
Develops organizational capability
Credibility, Integrity, Trust
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
* High energy level with strong interpersonal skills
* Direct interaction and engagement with senior managers
* Self-starter with track record of delivery
* Training and coaching, development of HSE professionals
* Ability to influence wide range of people from all levels of business, contractors, and community; excellent communicator
* Proven track record of analyzing trends and patterns to recommend changes to services and practices
Vice President, Drilling
Vice President, North America Shale Drilling
Manager, HSE – Drilling
Sr. Manager, HSEC – Developments
Functional HSE Specialists
Direct Reports (Positions):
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Engineering or Science Degree
Specialized HSE certification (eg. Certified Safety Professional)
Related HSE training
Experience & Technical Competencies:
Minimum 10+ years of experience in a HSE discipline, preferably supporting Drilling and Completions activities.
Broad experience in HSE management systems, emergency response, auditing, training, behavioral observation and risk assessment techniques
Experience in contractor HSE Management
Experience conducting/managing audit and assurance activities
Requires strong interpersonal, technical and organizational skills
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
16 Jan 2013 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
KYC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
KYC QC Team Lead - Business Banking
Chase - TX, Texas
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking - Del Oro
Chase - TX, Texas
Locate this job: