Revenue Analyst Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX
Energy, Metals & Mining
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
To provide revenue and regulatory accounting, and overall financial governance for the Petroleum CSG's US onshore revenue accounting activities. This individual will work in the Revenue Accounting Group within the Controller's team and will be heavily involved in helping to expand the revenue accounting group and its process and procedures to include the management of a large group of recently acquired US onshore properties.
This position will report to the Supervisor Revenue Accounting
Ø Governance oversight ensuring compliance with Accounting Policies, Group Level Documents, SOX, and Core Controls
Ø Liaise with Business Partner and respond to Production Division queries as required
Ø Ensure adequate control and reporting mechanisms are implemented in order to maintain the integrity of the revenue and revenue related items.
o Quality review of reported revenue & maintain strong links with marketing
o Oversight for the reporting processes within the division
o Quality assurance activities during closing cycle to validate reported numbers
o Coordinate with land administration group on DOI, Lease rentals, payouts, ORRI's, and NPI's.
o Ensure proper calculation and timely settlement of all revenue, related items
Ø Facilitate the embedding of standard finance processes/systems as they relate to revenue
Ø Ensure the delivery of timely, complete and accurate standard reports within the Controller's group and providing necessary reports to the Production Division
Ø Collation and preparation of variance analysis with analytical commentary to explain the difference between actual and expected results
Ø Interface with the Marketing Group to ensure accuracy of revenue reported
Ø Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and verification of revenue accruals and sales invoices for numerous revenue streams across the US Onshore operations within the Production Division
Ø Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and verification of various tariff, gathering, and other related deducts.
Ø Lead the review of account reconciliations, briefing papers, stewardship schedules & accounting matters as prepared by the US Onshore Revenue Accounting team for presentation to senior management
Ø Preparation of ad-hoc presentation materials for senior management as required.
Ø Assist the Production & Revenue Accounting team through external & internal audit requests for information.
Ø Ensure compliance with Global Petroleum accounting policy as it relates to the recognition of revenue, including imbalances and deferred income
Ø Champion & drive process improvement initiatives to improve team efficiency & global standardization
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
* Possess an undergraduate degree in finance or accounting.
* CPA or equivalent is desired but not required.
* Two to ten years of professional experience in upstream O&G with demonstrated experience in revenue accounting and overall financial stewardship & governance, including several years of US onshore revenue accounting experience, preferred
* Solid base in financial and managerial accounting gained from experience in public accounting or corporate financial reporting or controller roles a plus.
* Superior negotiation and influencing skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* A self-starter who works well without direct or close supervision.
* Customer focus.
* Good problem-solving skills -- analysis, judgment, decision-making.
* Demonstrated experience working in an SAP-based (or similar large ERP system) general ledger, business warehouse and consolidation system environment. Understanding of and experience in working with various sub-systems that feed the Revenue systems. Oracle Energy experience a plus.
* Strong Excel modeling skills
* Track record of championing process improvements
Actively participate in compliance with HSEC goals and objectives for BHPB Petroleum.
Please note this position is located in Downtown Houston.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
3 Oct 2012 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Rice University - Houston, TX
Financial and Events Administrator
Rice University - Houston, TX
Management Positions Available
BALBOA Concepts, Inc - Houston, TX
Locate this job: