Senior Drilling Engineer Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX
Energy, Metals & Mining
Senior Drilling Engineer
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provides overall engineering support to the operation from the shore-base and has overall responsibility for optimizing well planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
• Prepare well programs including the drilling program, job programs, contingency plans for the well(s) for which they are responsible.
• Design wells (well interventions, well testing, completions and workover programs) and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling performance (operational and well performance) and comply with BHP Billiton's Drilling standards.
• Specify, select, order and accept all well drilling materials and services (well testing and completions materials) to meet BHP Billiton Drilling standards.
• Provide technical engineering support to operations (Drilling Superintendent).
• Identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and monitor effectiveness.
• Assume responsibility for all well documentation.
• Monitor and measure well performance.
• Liaise with subcontractors, authorities and partners.
• Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
• Conduct well- and operational risk assessments and HAZOPS.
• Provide technical input to campaign risk assessments.
• Ensure the formal documentation resulting from any well risk assessment is included in the drilling program for all wells.
• Familiar with WWD HSEC Management System and provide suggestions for improvement based on using it.
CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for the HSEC Management of design, manufacture, testing and putting in service of all well equipment used in well construction and the implementation of WWD HSEC Management Standards / Policies / FRC's in well design and construction.
• Accountable for the direct contract management of all Engineering and Completion Contractors under his direction.
• Assist with the planning, implementation and close-out of HSEC Audits of Contractors and their equipment.
• Good technical and operational understanding of drilling and/or completions.
• Safety management skills.
• One or two areas of technical or operations expertise.
• Engineering or Science Degree.
• Supervisor's well control.
• Advanced drilling industry technical courses.
• Risk management course.
• Audit course.
• 7 plus years drilling and/or completions experience on several different well types.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 38,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
25 Jul 2012 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: