Senior Production Engineer - Haynesville Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX
Energy, Metals & Mining
Senior Production Engineer - Haynesville
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
The incumbent will be a key member of a multi-functional producing unit, and will be responsible for maximizing well and field value, by ensuring production is safely optimized through utilization of industry-best well integrity management, well surveillance, well intervention, well performance modelling and optimisation .
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Feedback & Recognition
Ability to Influence
Highly OrganizedROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will be responsible to:
* Work with completion engineers to ensure requirements contained in the Basis of Completion Design are implemented.
* Work with Engineering Technician to ensure well schematics are completed.
* Provide operational support to Completion and Stimulation Engineers to evaluate and optimise completions as required.
* Help develop the Well Integrity Management System.
* Assist in well handover to operation and preparation of well availability forecasting.
* Evaluate completion performance and provide input to long term completion design optimisation.
* Provide input and support to well AFEs as required.
* Participate in development of annual budgets.
* Implement well surveillance plans.
* Monitor and optimise production.
* Lead well reviews.
* Evaluate and select well intervention candidates.
* Adhere to Corporate Guide to Business Conduct.
* Adhere to HSEC Policy and Management Standards.
* Support HSEC initiatives and ensure compliance with the agreed HSEC procedures and practices of all activities in areas of discipline responsibility.WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent will work closely with:
* Other Production Engineers
* Completion Engineers
* Drilling Engineers
* Reservoir Engineers
* Operations and Surface Engineering Teams
* Pumpers and Production Foremen
* Land Team
* Flow Assurance Engineer
* Central Engineering
* JV PartnersEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONSQualifications:
BS Degree in Engineering
+10 years relevant engineering experience
Operating company in a PE role
Prefer onshore shale gas experince
Prefer advanced user skill level with Prosper/GAP, OFM and Wellview or Profile
WellCat and other Petroleum Experts suite of programs a plus
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 38,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
3 Dec 2012 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: