Specialist Training-Production Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Farmington, NM (Job ID bhpbilliton-751252)
Energy, Metals & Mining
Business / Project:
New Mexico Coal
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - New Mexico - Farmington
BHP Billiton New Mexico Coal operates surface and underground mines with interesting and challenging opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrate and support the BHP Billiton Charter and the Code to Business Conduct.
* Implement and promote the BHP Billiton Sustainable Development Policy and Health, Safety, Environmental and Community, (HSEC), related Group Level Documents (GLD's), along with the NMC Environmental Management System, (EMS).
* Provide subject matter expertise in the production functional areas.
* Monitor and identify new products, services, business issues and best practices pertinent to learning and organizational development activities.
* Deliver an effectively implemented site training scheme that meets compliance requirements and operational needs by operating equipment safely, competently and in accordance with process specifications and the operation's technical standards.
* Maintain and monitor MSHA Annual Refresher and apprenticeship training as directed.
* Perform other assignments as directed to meet business needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or a related technical discipline, OR five years of relevant experience with major types of surface mining heavy equipment experience is required.
* Five years of training experience with a demonstrated ability of developing Operator Skills Training Programs related to on coal trucks, end dumps, water trucks, dozers, blades, front end loaders, drills and draglines is highly preferred.
* Business improvement experience involving Six Sigma, Lean or Rapid Action Discipline (RAD) is preferred.
* Certified Mine Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional and /or Associate Safety Professional preferred.
* Strong verbal communication skills including ability to prepare and orally present issues at meetings and training sessions is mandatory.
* Strong writing skills, including ability to accurately complete logs, develop reports, compose letters, record information and order supplies and materials in a timely manner is required.
* Must be able to apply technical information from a variety of sources, demonstrate initiative in completing work within established time and budget constraints as well as work effectively as part of a team.
* Must be aware of the hazards and risks involved in the mining environment and demonstrate a pattern of conduct consistent with the acceptance of responsibility for encouraging a safe work environment.
* Consistent history of satisfactory performance, including attendance, is mandatory.
Why BHP Billiton in New Mexico?
• Career growth opportunities
• Real engineering responsibilities and competitive salaries
• Outstanding quality of life in the Four Corners area of New Mexico
As permitted by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, Section 703, qualified individuals who are Native American will be afforded preferential treatment in hiring for this position
BHP Billiton, New Mexico Coal is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
9 Oct 2012 Mountain Standard Time
31 Dec 2013 4:00pm Mountain Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Education/Teaching jobs in New Mexico Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
CCA - Grants, NM
Addictions Treatment Counselor
CCA - Grants, NM
Child Care Center Director
Learning Care Group - Santa Fe, NM
Locate this job: