Staff Drilling Engineer Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX
Energy, Metals & Mining
Staff Drilling Engineer
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provides overall engineering support to the operation from the shorebase and has overall responsibility for optimising well planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
* Provide guidance and support to BHPB's exploration and development groups during drilling and completion planning and operations on partner operated wells.
* Prepare long term engineering studies/projects in support of WorldWide Drilling and completion teams.
* Prepare preliminary technical work and budget costs for new venture opportunities and un-staffed brownfield opportunities.
* Provide technical input at campaign, well design, and operations risk assessments for BHPB operated wells.
* Set up and host technical reviews for new and revised equipment. Hold regular technical discussions with engineers on equipment currently in use or in development.
Good technical and operational understanding of drilling and/or completions.
Safety management skills.
One or two areas of technical or operations expertise.
Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
Assist the responsible drilling engineer in conducting well- and operational risk assessments and HAZOPS.
Provide technical input to campaign risk assessments.
Ensure the formal documentation resulting from any well risk assessment is included in the drilling programme for all wells.
Familiar with WWD HSEC Management System and provide suggestions for improvement based on using it.
CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accountable for the HSEC Management of design, manufacture, testing and putting in service of all well equipment used in well construction and the implementation of WWD HSEC Management Standards / Policies / FRC's in well design and construction.
Assist with the planning, implementation and close-out of HSEC Audits of Contractors and their equipment .
Engineering or Science Degree.
Supervisor's well control.
Advanced drilling industry technical courses.
Risk management course.
10 plus years drilling and/or completions experience on several different well types.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 38,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
6 Feb 2012 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Houston, TX
Thompson Scale Company - Houston, TX
United Engineers, Inc. - Houston, TX
Locate this job: