Staff Facilities Engineer Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Houston, TX (Job ID bhpbilliton-745138)
Energy, Metals & Mining
Staff Facilities Engineer
Business / Project:
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Responsible for providing Facilities project engineering support to a portfolio of production facilities projects. This position may support deepwater offshore projects executed by BHPBilliton, OBO (Operated by others) projects (generally offshore facilities) or BHPBilliton's US onshore developments.
Ability to work well with others
1. Provide technical oversight and management of engineering contractors in support of BHPB's onshore production facilities projects and existing facilities.
2. Participate in tendering process related to engineering, procurement, installation, and start-up
3. Coordinate with Production, Regulatory and HSEC personnel to assure compliance, safety and appropriate integration of facility systems.
4. Coordinate with project services personnel to assure facilities meet cost and schedule objectives.
5. Coordinate with Quality Assurance personnel to assure that Quality Plans are complied with and Quality objectives are met.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. Other engineering degrees with appropriate experience may be considered.
Minimum 10 years industry related experience
Proven track record in project delivery and contractor management, including excellent HSE performance
Experience in onshore production facilities projects, offshore deepwater projects and/or front end conceptual studies desirable.
Computer literate with analytical business skills.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
26 Apr 2012 Central Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Enterprise Products - Houston, TX
SUPERVISING ENGINEER - MECHANICAL
City of Houston - Houston, TX
Piping Drafting Technician
Burns & McDonnell - Houston, TX
Locate this job: