Truck Driver (Ore/Water) Job Listing at BHP Billiton in Miami, AZ
Energy, Metals & Mining
Truck Driver (Ore/Water)
Business / Project:
Base Metals North America
Full Time Regular (USA)
US - Arizona - Miami
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company, when you join us you become part of a team of 41,000 employees and 65,000 contractors working across operations and assets in 25 countries. BHP Billiton Pinto Valley mine located at Miami, Arizona, USA produces copper and molybdenum concentrate, and will have an annual production capacity of approximately 60,000 tons of copper in concentrate.
You can be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The purpose for this role will be to:
* Operate Ore and Water Trucks safely and efficiently and in accordance with schedules and plans and the relevant standards and operating procedures.
In performing this role you will be accountable to:
* Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
* Demonstrate commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
* Adheres to laws, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements
* Delivers against targets and budgets for Safety, Maintenance Execution, Equipment Availability, and Cost
* Ensure critical controls for material risks are in place and effective, and that standards and specifications are adhered to
* Completes work on schedule
* Positively influence the culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
* Support initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices, and equipment to improve the overall performance of the function
* Safe and efficient use of CAT 789 Haul Trucks and Water Trucks
Skills and Experience
To be considered, the successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED and must hold a current US Drivers License without restrictions.
Candidates must have the ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders. They will have excellent oral communication skills, and have Intermediate Reading, Writing and Math skills
The successfully candidate will be qualified and experienced in the operation of the following mine equipment orequivalents.
* Haul Truck(CAT 789D)
* Water Truck(CAT 777F-WTR)
* Track Dozer(CAT D10T)
* Wheel Dozer(CAT 834H)
* Rotary Drills
This role you will be based at the BHP Billiton Pinto Valley Mine located near Miami, Arizona, USA.
Remuneration and Benefits
BHP Billiton offers an attractive benefits packageincludingmedical, dental, retirement savings plan and more. Domestic relocation benefits are available for applicable candidates (no international relocation is available for this role).
How to Apply:
To apply, enter the position reference at our website by the closing date. Please ensure you attach a current resume as part of your online application.
Local Conditions Apply
BHP Billiton Pinto Valley supports diversity in our workforce and is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Applicants from a wide sector of the community, including women and multi cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
BHP Billiton reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date.
1 Jan 2013 U.S. Mountain Standard Time
31 May 2013 5:00pm U.S. Mountain Standard Time
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Transportation jobs in Arizona Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
High Paying Regional Driving Jobs
Heartland Express - Yuma, AZ
Truck Driver, Class A - Full Time
Ryder - Flagstaff, AZ
Locate this job: