SALARY GRADE: $31.30 - $46.92 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
Safely perform start-up, commissioning, plant operations, testing, maintenance, administrative functions and other duties as assigned for a power plant consisting of three GE LM6000 gas turbine generators, two heat recovery steam generators, one steam turbine generator, and balance of plant auxiliary equipment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: OM Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comprehensive understanding of combined cycle power plant operations to include start-up, shutdown and emergency operational actions, with safety being considered in every activity.
- Comprehensive understanding of start-up, commissioning of power plant systems including punch lists, turnover packages, system line-ups, flushing of systems and restoration of systems and operations up to and including commercialization.
- Perform both routine and non-routine preventive and corrective maintenance of plant equipment.
- Operate a forklift.
- Assist in the training of new technicians.
- Requisition and assist in ordering and receiving plant materials.
- Represent the Company with vendors and regulators as assigned.
- Have lead responsibility for plant systems as assigned.
- Continuously increase own knowledge by personal independent study.
- Direct and implement emergency procedures as assigned.
- Work with and direct contractors and other temporary on site activities.
- Use installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Perform chemical analysis on plant water systems which include boiler water, demineralized water, condensate water, feedwater, cooling water, and raw water.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on water treatment systems.
- Perform proper turnover discussing current plant status, potential problem areas and status of current clearances and maintenance activities.
- Pre-plan operating strategy to ensure dispatch generation is obtained and on time.
- Review Station Log Books, Dispatch Schedule and the Daily Read File on a daily basis.
- Review Jumper and Lifted Wire Log daily.
- Maintenance and up keep of site buildings and grounds.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Maintain trend reports on equipment operation for assigned system.
- Maintain plant logs on equipment operation.
- Ensure adequate supplies of oil and chemicals are available to support plant operations.
- Provide information for various plant reports.
- Two (2) years of technical training in operations and routine maintenance of power plants and four (4) years of experience working in a combined cycle/ gas turbine power plant or an equivalent environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of operating a power plant.
- Detailed knowledge of power plant systems and their interrelationships
- Thorough knowledge and/or background for operating and maintaining mechanical and/or electrical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of computer based preventive maintenance programs.
- Thorough knowledge of plant hazards and safety equipment.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and various other programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the principles of chemistry and their relationship to power plant operations.
- Ability to understand engineering design drawings, vendor equipment drawings and technical information.
- Ability to use mechanical tools and hand tools and to occasionally perform heavy lifting.
- Ability to make effective long term and instantaneous decisions.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Use discretion to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to be certified in the use of respirators.
- Familiarity with standard power plant PPE and its proper use.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.