Green Package Analytics and Support (GPAS) Analyst Job Listing at BlackRock in Wilmington, DE
Title: Green Package Analytics and Support (GPAS) Analyst
Location: Wilmington, DE
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Aladdin Portfolio Solutions Group (APSG) is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the BlackRock Green Package consistently, accurately and on a timely basis.
Candidates for this role will be part of our Green Package Services team (GPS) whose responsibilities include understanding risk analytics on our fixed income, equity and alternatives products to help our clients and portfolio managers understand their portfolio exposures, strategy, risk and returns. GPS provides the daily risk reporting and ad-hoc analytical support to over $7 trillion worth of assets under risk management across thousands of portfolios. Analysts will gain a broad understanding of the asset and risk management business, which includes learning about the wide range of securities our client’s trade, how they are priced in the market, how we analyze them within BlackRock Solutions and what sensitivities they have to various market factors.
Because the GPAS Analyst role requires extended training and development, candidates must be willing to commit to 3 years in the role before internally transferring to a position outside of the department.
Candidates must be willing to work a 6:30 AM – 5:30 PM shift daily, and must also be able to work remotely (home office) on Sundays for a minimum of 2 hours.
• Candidate must possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as general finance with the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment. • Contributing as part of a team which will often consist of all levels of the firm. Creative ideas and input are expected and sought from everyone involved • Understand client objectives, trading strategies and market events to effectively respond to client requests • Tracking the client’s daily trading activity and understanding the rationale behind their strategies • Following the Global markets on a daily basis to understand how macro-economic factors affect the portfolios risks and investment decisions
· Strong technical skills with Excel and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data
· Other technical skills (SQL, PERL & UNIX) are a plus, but not required
· Candidate must possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as finance with the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment.
· Candidate must be able to work multiple shifts at different times throughout the year
· Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
· Excellent communication skills to enable clear articulation while working with internal and external clients
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/VJob: OperationsOrganization: Tech %26 Ops-Bus Ops-APS
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
New Accounts Administrator
J.P. Morgan - NJ, New Jersey
Business Operations Manager Sr. - Card Services - Business Integration
Chase - DE, Delaware
Group Project Manager Senior / CSD Operations
Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: