Global Program Mgr - Consulting Svcs - USA Job Listing at BMC Software in United States of America
Global Program Mgr - Consulting Svcs - USA
Job ID 14567
USA Office At Home
More than 10 years
Business Runs on IT. IT Runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. That's why more than 20,000 IT organizations – from the Global 100 to the smallest businesses – in over 120 countries rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. With the leading Business Service Management platform, Cloud Management, and the industry’s broadest choice of IT management solutions, BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives.
• Minimum of 15 years of services background and experience. Significant time in program management roles.
• 15+ years of experience in IT either at a vendor (consulting, professional services, etc.) or in a customer IT role
• Working knowledge of business service management, IT Services Management, or systems management solutions and messages.
• A strong understanding of business drivers of customers – particularly IT
• Commercial experience related to selling methods and rules
• Delivery methodology experience
• Demonstrated confidence in dealing with senior leaders, both internal and external.
• Experience building presentations and presenting high level and detailed messages
• Experience working in different geographies and cultures
• Business Service Management, IT Services Management, Automation Solutions, or Systems Management solution knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred
• MS Office Suite, SharePoint/Document Management Systems experience
• Design enablement programs to meet the business requirements of senior services leadership
• Experience delivering at IT projects of significant size (i.e. scope, team members, budget, etc.) from a program management solution. Will be asked to relate details of these projects.
• Experiencing crafting statement of works for substantial sized consulting engagements.
• Experience in leading large IT oriented projects and/or engagements to successful conclusion.
The Global Program Management role at BMC gets assigned to large, high risk services engagements during the sales cycle and ensures that these engagements are crafted in such a way that they can be successfully delivered. Additionally, this role will program manage many of our largest engagements with strategic customers to successful conclusion. This role will be responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met on these engagements as well as playing the role of the senior most member of the project team from BMC Software.
The Global Program Manager role at BMC works closely with our product sales, services sales and software consulting teams to position large deployments and implementations for BMC Customers. This role will be on point to own the building of the statement of work for these large strategic customers and ensuring that all aspects of the SOW are structured to meet the customers’ expectations. Additionally, this role will work with the Global Practices to ensure we get firm and accurate estimates for the work to be done as well as the level of expertise needed to staff the project.
After a large consulting engagement is closed, the Global Program Manager works directly with the delivery managers to staff the engagement as recommended in the SOW and proceeds into the delivery phase of the project as the leader of the delivery team. This person will conduct the kick-off meeting for our large engagements (both internal and external) and establish the program governance for the effort. The Global Program Manager will assign themselves ownership in the project governance of the customer relationships necessary to make important and influential project decisions in a quick and efficient manner. This role will further work with the project managers on the effort to build out the formal project plan and execute on the delivery.
In situations where we have large, complex and strategic engagements that are determined to be having difficulties, the Global Program Manager will engage with that delivery team and take a more hands on role to shepherding the engagement to successful conclusion. The level of involvement by the Global Program Manager will vary between deals but will include significant customer connection. The goal would be for the customer to see this role as the key executive escalation contact on this deal as well as a crucial aspect of the customers overall relationship with BMC.
Internally, the Global Program Manager will work with other BMC teams to establish standards across the organization in many of the following areas: writing large/complex SOW’s, evolving our delivery methodologies, implementing delivery oriented training and ensuring that our overall delivery processes are sound and lead to successful implementations on behalf of our customers. Additionally, this role will help mentor and build our next generation of program managers at BMC.
The Global Program Managers requires minimal coaching and exhibits leadership and independence in terms of carrying out their duties. This role must cover multiple geographic areas (Americas, EMEA and APAC) and be willing to travel and able to effectively communicate across multiple cultures.
The audience that this role will focus on will be all services employees and the person in this role will be seen as a critical member of the leadership team of the organization.
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Spectraforce - United States of America
Starbucks - United States of America
Internal Audit Project Manager
Starbucks - United States of America
Locate this job: